Your Top 3 DE Blades ?

I have five razors and they all love Voskhod, as does my face. Polsilvers, Lab Blues, Feathers, Crystals, etc. all come in second place to the Voskhod. It might be the only blade I ever use, once I get rid of the 500 other blades I have.

Allegedly the med preps & lab blues are the same blade, the only difference being that med preps are sterilised.
Having tried them both now in my feather popular (always the first razor a new blade goes through as it's the least aggressive) and my handmade with R89 head, I'd say the med preps give me a much closer shave with less irritation. I'd put the lab blues in joint third with israeli personnas and bics.

for years I stuck with Feathers and Astra SP and SS, and I've had great results with both...but since I've re opened the 'sample box', I've found that Gillette Silver Blue are fantastic in the Weber.. Polsilver SI really bring the Merkur 34C HD to life, and the Timor are wonderfully smooth in the iKon B1 Deluxe, so that's my top 3 for the time being..

1- Gillette Silver Blue
2- Astra SP
3- Gillette 7 o'clock yellows.
Love the Astra's. Always get such a good comfortable shave from them but the silver blues are a touch better.

Rapira & Voskhod are different blades.

Oh, my mistake. I had assumed this was the Rapira logo:

11gq3ap.jpg

Which is featured not only on the Rapira blades but also the Voskhod's & Ladas... Perhaps it's in fact the Mostochlegmash logo as they're all made there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom