Acquisitions - June 2024

20240628_195212.jpg
Mail call from Agent shave.
I have nearly finished my first tub of this stuff and it just goes to show it's right at the top of my favourite scent list.
I quickly nabbed the last one in stock because I couldn't take the chance of them not restocking it in the future.
Anyway disaster avoided and a very nice free sample of Stirling Bay Rum to try.

Last edited:
View attachment 122181
Mail call from Agent shave.
I have nearly finished my first tub of this stuff and it just goes to show it's right at the top of my favourite scent list.
I quickly nabbed the last one in stock because I couldn't take the chance of them not restocking it in the future.
Anyway disaster avoided and a very nice free sample of Stirling Bay Rum to try.
Still my favourite as well

I very nearly got one of these

How are you getting on with it?
I love the design, it’s quite a mild shave, neutral blade feeling, ideal for daily use. I’ve just finished my first 3 days with an Astra blade and want to try with a feather or pol sliver to see if I squeeze a ounce more efficiency from it but it’s a bit like the Henson A13 in that you can’t go wrong with the head, and it’s very mild. It’s slightly more nicely weighted than the Henson for me though. I had to check the first few times I was actually taking anything off as it was just so smooth a pass. However for me it’s keeper, on looks alone, it’s not the closest of shaves but arguably one of the most comfortable.

Neat! I've struggled to get any information on the soap and thought it likely to be a known brand with a twist. Actually, this ingredient list bears no direct resemblance to anything I have ... somewhat close to the legacy (c.2000s?) Floris/Culmak (which has the same running set of ingredients but in a different order).

Fingers crossed it's a good 'un!

Back
Top Bottom