Acquisitions - June 2024

View attachment 121231

Second parcel this week but this time from the good ship Connaught!

Schick Injector ll blades
Omega 10081 brush
Nannys Moroccan Sands soap
SV Manna Di Sicilia aftershave (smells gorgeous)

The other half was out the house when both parcels came, so that was a bit of a result!;)
Morgan Freeman Laughing GIF

View attachment 121231

Second parcel this week but this time from the good ship Connaught!

Schick Injector ll blades
Omega 10081 brush
Nannys Moroccan Sands soap
SV Manna Di Sicilia aftershave (smells gorgeous)

The other half was out the house when both parcels came, so that was a bit of a result!;)
If that is the NSS with tallow you are in for a real treat. I think it might be the slickest and most protective soap I've used.

Love the labels on the floid stuff tone - my aftershave is the older one. Didn’t know they released a new label. Looks smart

It's not a new label but a new formulation, different scent and ingredients list to the ones before it. There used to be a few different versions before, but I think there is just the one now, the one above. It's supposed to be closer to the original formulation, and oddly enough it has vinegar in the ingredients list.

Floid were bought by the company who own Proraso, who seem to be the asset strippers of the wet shaving world. I'll be angry at them for a while for buying Valobra and shelving their shaving soaps.

20240607_174131.jpg
Was shopping in Aldi and bagged these bad boys £6.99.
They are Eau De Parfum's and here's a little write up from an article I found online.

The Amalfi Brilliante Eau de Parfum offers hints of amber, angelica, and ambrette, paired with lavender, rosemary, and myrtle. The perfume is being compared to Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino Eau De Parfum, which costs £220 for 50ml and £294 for 100ml.

The range of premium scents include the Hotel Collection Solar Luxe Eau de Parfum, boasting notes reminiscent of Tom Ford’s Soleil Blanc

It's not a new label but a new formulation, different scent and ingredients list to the ones before it. There used to be a few different versions before, but I think there is just the one now, the one above. It's supposed to be closer to the original formulation, and oddly enough it has vinegar in the ingredients list.

Floid were bought by the company who own Proraso, who seem to be the asset strippers of the wet shaving world. I'll be angry at them for a while for buying Valobra and shelving their shaving soaps.
Totally agree about Valobra bought the company from the retiring owner and shut the factory down, industrial vandalism a crime punishable by a spell in hell imho.

Back
Top Bottom