Blades no longer on sale at eBay

I'll be long dead before I run out of blades, probably soaps/cream as well. (y) :)
I suppose that reaching the three-score and ten and more makes forward planning a bit easier. Whilst it might(!) be nice to be between, say, 20 and 50 again, the thought of planning for decades ahead of razor blade requirements is somewhat forbidding.

Shortly, I shall be rooting through my blade stocks and muttering about "my pretties".

In all of this forward planning, have you all factored in that advancing years means fading eyesight and less physical dexterity.

There must surely come a point that the DE (or god forbit straight), just becomes a dangerous liability that will be forcibly removed by well meaning family and you will be reduced to a battery powered electric shaver ?

Or a 20 year old "carer" who will drag the same cartridge around your face every few days for 6 months at a time :eek:

In all of this forward planning, have you all factored in that advancing years means fading eyesight and less physical dexterity.

There must surely come a point that the DE (or god forbit straight), just becomes a dangerous liability that will be forcibly removed by well meaning family and you will be reduced to a battery powered electric shaver ?

Or a 20 year old "carer" who will drag the same cartridge around your face every few days for 6 months at a time :eek:
My late grandfathers (one born in 1872 and the other a pilot in the Royal Flying Corps) were happily scraping away until they died.

The latter used diluted TCP for an aftershave, and a whiff of that brings him straight back to me.

I've known blind wet shavers, and others who shave without a mirror.
It's the unskilled carers on minimum wage you'll need to watch.

I've known blind wet shavers, and others who shave without a mirror.
It's the unskilled carers on minimum wage you'll need to watch.
Oh yes, I remember years ago I had to have an operation on the inside of my ear that ment cutting from the top to the bottom behind the ear.
The day before a nurse shaved behind the ear, oh my God the pain, I could feel every hair being pulled out individually and had to ask her to stop for a bit. :oops:
So yeah if I get to that stage I'm growing a beard (y).

I hope that my lack of dexterity with a straight doesn't hasten that day! But certainly I hope to have got good at honing before blades get hard to get by post. Someone once told me TCP stood for Tom Cat Piddle and I've never got that out of my head! Notwithstanding, smells are the strongest way to evoke old memories.
TCP - For coughs, colds, scabby holes and inflammation of the bowels

That's one I can't erase from my memory!

Last edited:
Such a pain, as there were some very good deals on there, and the overall price of blades does seem to be going up everywhere. I stocked up on a few Russian made blades when the Ukraine situation was escalating, so have the dubious honour of having Vladimir Putin to thank for helping me get ahead of the game on this one.

Such a pain, as there were some very good deals on there, and the overall price of blades does seem to be going up everywhere. I stocked up on a few Russian made blades when the Ukraine situation was escalating, so have the dubious honour of having Vladimir Putin to thank for helping me get ahead of the game on this one.
Very true, and for those of us who still like to experiment and live dangerously, the variety available from elsewhere is going to be seriously diminished. I guess that Razor Blades Club will be the "go to" for more exotic stuff, and I seem to recall that there was a similar outfit in (I think) Sweden, but that's probably more cost and delay than the stuff from Fleabay was.

Where to get Statums now? I ordered 100 from India just before the jobbies levitated too near the fan but even Razor Blade Club dursn’t ‘ave ‘em.

I like to buy a few hundred DE blades most months as it soothes my besieged soul. Don’t think I need ‘em for shaving but if it helps the mind, what, what? Been pondering a dawn raid on LB for five ton of Silver Stars but might plump for Nacets from BDS instead. Eee, this choice malarkey…

Where to get Statums now? I ordered 100 from India just before the jobbies levitated too near the fan but even Razor Blade Club dursn’t ‘ave ‘em.

I like to buy a few hundred DE blades most months as it soothes my besieged soul. Don’t think I need ‘em for shaving but if it helps the mind, what, what? Been pondering a dawn raid on LB for five ton of Silver Stars but might plump for Nacets from BDS instead. Eee, this choice malarkey…

It's not possible to buy Statums right now, as those sellers on eBay are not allowed to ship blades to the UK.
I'm hoping someone will eventually start up their own website.

Back
Top Bottom