Blades no longer on sale at eBay

Thanks. I've looked. Nearly all the blades on sale are offered as 100, but Baili green offered as 1 or 5. Aliexpress might be cheaper.
If only Connaught stocked them.
On Razor Blades Club, German Wilkinson are listed as Manufacturer: American Razor Company.
On the Baili (Weidi) website, Baili green are listed as American Razor Company.
It seems that the quality of a blade is not dependent on country, just manufacturer.

Really? I'm seeing practically all blades being offered as 1/5 (or10)/30/100/200 ... curious!? It's the single edge (pre-snapped) that come in 100s.

I think you'll have to pay more for them on AliExpress.

It just seems to be the way of the world now.

Pay a lot more for a lot less.
Or, or, Gillette has paid everyone off so they can sell more 10 blade cartridges. Yeah I'm sure that's it, multinational monopolies.
Right where's the tinfoil. :ROFLMAO:
Naw, the price rises are all due to profiteering and greed. When companies are showing record profits and blaming rises on inflation, that's a scam. :mad:

Or, or, Gillette has paid everyone off so they can sell more 10 blade cartridges. Yeah I'm sure that's it, multinational monopolies.
Right where's the tinfoil. :ROFLMAO:
Naw, the price rises are all due to profiteering and greed. When companies are showing record profits and blaming rises on inflation, that's a scam. :mad:

I could understand that conspiracy, someone gains from that at least.

Stopping all sales of sharp objects like double edge blades seems bizarre. When I bought some blades from Amazon I had to show my passport. It seems a strange situation we've found ourselves in.

I could understand that conspiracy, someone gains from that at least.

Stopping all sales of sharp objects like double edge blades seems bizarre. When I bought some blades from Amazon I had to show my passport. It seems a strange situation we've found ourselves in.
It's been law for years that you had to show you were 18yo to buy blades in uk. Maybe uk government has cracked down on non compliance of Internet sellers, I don't know I'm just guessing.

These are the only DE blades for sale on Amazon.

BIC Chrome Platinum 100
DERBY TOKAI Premium 100
Wilkinson Sword 10
Feather Stainless 50
20 Feather & 20 Personna
Astra Platinum 30 or 100
Derby Extra 100
Dorco Red 100
Dorco Titan 100

That is 9 different blades. I have 40.
Amazon no longer sells its own brand of blades - Solimo - but you can still have 100 if you buy the razor + blades deal.
The razor has my approval.

Last edited:
I had another dekko at the eBay prohibited items "Knives" section, and, lo and and behold, look what I found. If I understand it right, it should apply to all razor blades, including those lethal multi-blade cartridges, but they still seem to be in evidence.

There's no date on the eBay list, and it's not possible to see whether this is a new thing, or whether it was always there and they've become more stringent.

View attachment 101454
Well, it's right here on the second line: https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/knives-policy?id=5047

... anyone any idea how to figure out when that page was revised?
This is interesting... The Internet Archive Wayback Machine captured this policy page a few times in the past. I've narrowed down the period during which razor blades were moved from the "are allowed" to the "aren't allowed" list.

14th August 2021 - "are allowed"

6th September 2021 - "aren't allowed"

Back
Top Bottom