BOLZANO superinox

Blademonkey

Supporter
Supporter
PXL_20230216_125554474.jpg

I tried this blade for the first time yesterday and found it to be very sharp but very smooth also.
Originally made in Germany for the Italian market but now made in Egypt and still made for the Italian market where they are loved!
These are coated with titanium and possibly PTFE.
I know I've only had one shave with it ( in my Blackbird Ti ) I I really need to have some more before I can give a full review but so far so good, very good!

Paul.

Last edited:
View attachment 100725

I tried this blade for the first time yesterday and found it to be very sharp but very smooth also.
Originally made in Germany for the Italian market but now made in Egypt.
I know I've only had one shave with it ( in my Blackbird Ti ) I I really need to have some more before I can give a full review but so far so good, very good!

Paul.
They work well for me too, Paul...The longevity on them is remarkably good.

I've got about 99 left out of 100 of the German/Italian version, and I haven't set eyes on them for years, until today. For some reason, the details of which escape me, I couldn't get on with the one blade that I tried ("not sharp" rings a distant bell). Perhaps I'll haul one out and give it another try.

Interesting experience, though. It's amazing what there is to be found in a drawer 16" x 16" x 6" rammed solid with loose, packeted and boxed razor blades.

I've got about 99 left out of 100 of the German/Italian version, and I haven't set eyes on them for years, until today. For some reason, the details of which escape me, I couldn't get on with the one blade that I tried ("not sharp" rings a distant bell). Perhaps I'll haul one out and give it another try.

Interesting experience, though. It's amazing what there is to be found in a drawer 16" x 16" x 6" rammed solid with loose, packeted and boxed razor blades.
As the years go past your feelings about a blade can change dramatically, I would be interested in your opinions if you try another.

Paul.

Last edited:
View attachment 100725

Originally made in Germany for the Italian market but now made in Egypt.

Paul.

Lord make some excellent blades, but I'm unsure why they seem to fly under the radar.

Thank you for your input B, I think these could well become my favourite blade even if they are slightly harder to locate in the UK compared to other blades.

Paul.

You can get them at Connaught. £16.80 for a 100. The price on the listing is wrong, but if you add it to the cart then the correct price is applied to the basket.

Lord seem to have a few different blades and use a few different brandings, I'd be intrigued whether the Bolzano is a new blade or just one of their older blades with different branding.

You can get them at Connaught. £16.80 for a 100. The price on the listing is wrong, but if you add it to the cart then the correct price is applied to the basket.

Lord seem to have a few different blades and use a few different brandings, I'd be intrigued whether the Bolzano is a new blade or just one of their older blades with different branding.
Thank you very much,

Paul

Cheers mate, a great price, just ordered another 100!
A better price than the seller on eBay!
I will know where to go now! £4.00 cheaper than eBay! Nice one!

Paul

Last edited:

quote.. is this a new blade or just one of their older blades with different branding.?.Well said Paul. This could be be case like a vast amount of other DE blades...

Thank you B, I ordered from eBay yesterday but now have found a better price from Connaughts , that you anyway for your response.
Much appreciated.

Paul.

Two different blades AFAIK.

The one B linked for is made in Germany. The one you used is made by Lord in Egypt. Both blades are supposed to have different grinds and are supposed to work better at different shaving angles.

Back
Top Bottom