BOLZANO superinox

quote.. is this a new blade or just one of their older blades with different branding.?.Well said Paul. This could be be case like a vast amount of other DE blades...

I've not used the Bolzano so I can't comment whether it is a new blade or not.

I used a new Silver Star blade for today's shave, forgot how great a blade it is. IMO it's one of the better SS blades around, super smooth and comfortable in the shave.

Two different blades AFAIK.

The one B linked for is made in Germany. The one you used is made by Lord in Egypt. Both blades are supposed to have different grinds and are supposed to work better at different shaving angles.
Well, it was the Egyptian blade that I used yesterday and this is the one I have been talking about.however the one's I've ordered from eBay state these were made in Germany so I may have a shave off between the two blade's any time soon! :)

I used a new Silver Star blade for today's shave, forgot how great a blade it is. IMO it's one of the better SS blades around, super smooth and comfortable in the shave.
I do like Silver Stars. A lot. 500 for £23.99 at La Barbiera. Doubt you could get 100 Feathers for that unless you cut open a pillow.

After I've done my sub-continent blade focus, i intend to revisit my Egyptian made blades.. The silver star SS are another blade which i like.

Last edited:
I have used the German made Bolzano, but years ago and it was a decent blade. Now that Lord makes it I would pass as so many have tested the Lord line thoroughly and the Lord Platinum almost always seems to come out on top. If you think every single blade Lord makes is different then think again. I think they make two or three different blades at most, like Gillette.

I’ve read the Egyptian Bolzano is better than the old German edition and can quite believe it. The Lord Silver Star is a great blade and one I’d recommend to anyone. Lord blades deserve far more attention and patronage than they get. There may well be ‘badge engineering’ going on but there’s something for everyone there.

Last edited:
I have used the German made Bolzano, but years ago and it was a decent blade. Now that Lord makes it I would pass as so many have tested the Lord line thoroughly and the Lord Platinum almost always seems to come out on top. If you think every single blade Lord makes is different then think again. I think they make two or three different blades at most, like Gillette.
Even though I've only had a handful of shaves with the BOLZANO blades made in Egypt I have found them to be a very good blade.
I will be buying more!

Py

I’ve read the Egyptian Bolzano is better than the old German edition and can quite believe. The Lord Silver Star is a great blade and one I’d recommend to anyone. Lord blades deserve far more attention and patronage than they get. There may well be ‘badge engineering’ going on but there’s something for everyone there.

I completely agree with this!

I’ve read the Egyptian Bolzano is better than the old German edition and can quite believe it. The Lord Silver Star is a great blade and one I’d recommend to anyone. Lord blades deserve far more attention and patronage than they get. There may well be ‘badge engineering’ going on but there’s something for everyone there.

I bought a packet of German made Bolzano in a shop in Rome a few years ago and the assistant recommended I should choose something else as they were terrible. She was right - Broken bottle territory. I think I binned them

The same goes for Elios blades, which again were originally made in Italy, then Germany and now in Egypt by Lord. I picked up a few of the Egyptian variety very cheap off Amazon. Whilst not great in terms of longevity, they are both sharp and smooth.

Last edited:
I’ve just had my 3rd shave with one. Very impressed so far.

Been using it in a 6S on plate 5 and it gets me much closer than expected. Also very smooth.

Hopefully it’ll last my usual 6 shaves too.....
Very good blades, I don't know if they will last six but interested to hear from you
Edit: I tend to replace my DE blades after three uses regardless of make

Paul.

Last edited:
Interesting that the coating is titanium ... nothing else in the Lord house is finished like that.

No blade is coated with platinum, titanium, iridium, etc., as they would cost a fortune. They are all coated (just the edge) with PTFE (Teflon) or some derivative. As such, the extreme edges are sputtered with platinum, chrome, etc. The name is almost always merely marketing.

Back
Top Bottom