Executive Shaving Summer Sale

Whilst any closure of a shaving supplies entity is a loss , I have to say that I stopped using ES some time ago , I found the prices excessive.
Having said that the excessive prices don’t seem to have served them well .
Likewise, I always called them Harrods of shaving.

I did buy my first decent brush there, a Simpsons Duke 3 back in 2016... At the time the prospect of spending £90 on a shaving brush took some self convincing but I did it! A shame they ended up limiting their own sales by stopping the sale of natural hair brushes.

I wonder if their decision not to sell badger brushes was the start of their down fall? I know why they did it, but custome4s like a choice.
There's a saying you see quite often.....go woke, go broke. Just a thought.

I wonder if their decision not to sell badger brushes was the start of their down fall? I know why they did it, but custome4s like a choice.
There's a saying you see quite often.....go woke, go broke. Just a thought.
All those companies that have gone broke after going woke such as, um, nobody. If their business was reliant on the sale of brushes and not stocking badger brushes led to their collapse, then it’d be an unsustainable business model anyway.

All those companies that have gone broke after going woke such as, um, nobody. If their business was reliant on the sale of brushes and not stocking badger brushes led to their collapse, then it’d be an unsustainable business model anyway.
Victoria Secrets went broke in the UK, particularly when the featured a plus sized transgender model on their advertising.
Gillettes income reportedly dropped when they tried to align with #metoo

Personally I can't see selling the odd Badger or Pig Hair brush for around a £10-15 profit at best keeping a shaving retailer going. If you actually look at forums a lot of us are Shaving Snobs, myself included. As such we don't tend to buy Bog standard shaving gear like Muhle, EJ etc. The mass manufactured pot metal stuff.
We buy our Razors direct from the Manufacturer, Soaps and Brushes too. I've never owned any of that kind of stuff they sold since my first set up. I don't even want to buy Blades from places like that as when Ebay sold blades they were 50% cheaper.
Nah, keeping a shaving company going can't be an easy thing to do and I doubt if they did sell natural hair brushes would have kept their head above water. There aren't that many of us using and buying traditional shaving gear to support places like this for long, In my relatively short time using wet shaving gear I've seen more companies go bust than be successful.

Back
Top Bottom