Finished.!!

PXL_20240923_071205405~5.jpg

lovely scent, really strong, great lather. i'd probably get this again. the matching splash is also almost done now. it was ok but I'd have preferred it to be alcohol based rather than mostly witch hazel. it has the same great scent as the soap but muted by the bland smell of witch hazel being there quite strongly as well.

I'm realising lately that performance is more important to me in a soap than the scent. maybe because I shave my head so can't smell it as strongly as right under my nose.

it's nice to smell soaps from the tub but unless it's a scent I don't like, it's not really as essential or remarkable to me anymore one way or the other during or after the shave.

it certainly doesn't hurt though and the scent of this and the matching splash always left the bathroom smelling great after a shave.

I can see myself mostly getting mass produced classics in future, more than artisan products. the novelty is nice but it does wear off.

the challenge may be that there are so many products with great performance now so scent becomes the differentiating factor.

maybe in a few years I'll get a kg brick of 3P to keep the soap consistent and focus on razors, blades and aftershave.

Back
Top Bottom