Goats milk soap anyone ever used it?

I was given a tub by an artisan maker few years back, because the giver knew of my history of skin probs & that I mostly use only goats' milk products (cheese, butter etc).

The one I was given was a very pleasant, mild soap which didn't lather particularly well and settled into a soapy scum after the first 30 seconds or so on the face. I finished up using it as a very nice pre shave soap which I left on the skin before going ahead and applying my usual shaving soap.

Since I believe that most of this type of soap is likely to be produced by individual craftspeople I expect that their performance will vary. Be interested to read how yours performs as I'm guessing it will be a fairly gentle and mild soap on the skin.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

JohnnyO said:
I was given a tub by an artisan maker few years back, because the giver knew of my history of skin probs & that I mostly use only goats' milk products (cheese, butter etc).

The one I was given was a very pleasant, mild soap which didn't lather particularly well and settled into a soapy scum after the first 30 seconds or so on the face. I finished up using it as a very nice pre shave soap which I left on the skin before going ahead and applying my usual shaving soap.

Since I believe that most of this type of soap is likely to be produced by individual craftspeople I expect that their performance will vary. Be interested to read how yours performs as I'm guessing it will be a fairly gentle and mild soap on the skin.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:
Thank you I'll let you know when I give it ago got 3 soaps on the go at moment so it'll be a while

I tried a sample of Sharon's goats milk soap which had a lovely fragrance and very nice on the skin although it did need a good load on the brush to sustain the lather for a 3 passer.

I got sone from a vendor on eBay, no idea what others ones are like but mine was not good at all. Not even for hand soap. Nice vendor crap soap.

Hopefully your experience will be different to mine, never know till you try.

I've used soap for a week right ho its good razor glides brill lather breaks down quick but it just needs brushing to get it going again no need to add any more to your face trust me else you look like a goat. Leaves skin soft nice no iratation at all even if i face lather. Smells like milk creamy. I will be getting more its like some of the old soaps I used years ago.

Old blade grinder said:
I've used soap for a week right ho its good razor glides brill lather breaks down quick but it just needs brushing to get it going again no need to add any more to your face trust me else you look like a goat. Leaves skin soft nice no iratation at all even if i face lather. Smells like milk creamy. I will be getting more its like some of the old soaps I used years ago.

Thats good to hear....What make is it OBG?....I like old fashioned soaps.

GOLDCREST said:
Old blade grinder said:

Thats good to hear....What make is it OBG?....I like old fashioned soaps.
Knew I'd foget sumut its Poppys farm soap the milk came from Gurtty goat

Hiya,

Out of the many small vendors soaps I've tried, what Colleen made years ago at The Gentlemens Quarter was right up there with the best. Her creations were pretty fun to sniff and use. Usta run a very nice place at one time in West Virginia I think.

Anyway, she used goats milk in her mix. Forgot what it was supposed to do though. So there's something I'd figure would be a positive thing.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom