Goats milk soap anyone ever used it?

Hmmm, I used this today and I don't think I'd recommend it to be honest.

On the plus side it does leave your skin feeling nice but the lather is gone almost as soon as you apply it.

I used a Semogue 1305 and picked up loads of soap but I was finding that I had to lather about five or six times for each pass (no exaggeration), and then you had to shave damn quick before the lather vanished.

A shame because it's got excellent skin care properties but the vanishing lather is a real issue.

Tall_Paul said:
Hmmm, I used this today and I don't think I'd recommend it to be honest.

On the plus side it does leave your skin feeling nice but the lather is gone almost as soon as you apply it.

I used a Semogue 1305 and picked up loads of soap but I was finding that I had to lather about five or six times for each pass (no exaggeration), and then you had to shave damn quick before the lather vanished.

A shame because it's got excellent skin care properties but the vanishing lather is a real issue.
The lather breaks down quite quickly I found if I use more this slows up the breakdown also noticed the lather may have gone but it still glides razor. Its like the old old soaps chemist used to make well along time ago. With a straight razor I thin the lather down ie thick for pass 1 slightly thiner for pass 2 and the last pass thin or more like water. This soaps problem of lather breaking down seems to aid my process for me any way. Its nice on the skin so I'll live with the rest thanks for trying it nice to have another take on it.

Old blade grinder said:
The lather breaks down quite quickly I found if I use more this slows up the breakdown also noticed the lather may have gone but it still glides razor. Its like the old old soaps chemist used to make well along time ago. With a straight razor I thin the lather down ie thick for pass 1 slightly thiner for pass 2 and the last pass thin or more like water. This soaps problem of lather breaking down seems to aid my process for me any way. Its nice on the skin so I'll live with the rest thanks for trying it nice to have another take on it.

Ah, I didn't try it when the lather had gone!

I shall give it another try then. I didn't realise that's what soaps used to be like. I suppose I've been conditioned into thinking no lather is bad!

It's worth tryin again as I agree it leaves your skin feeling really nice afterwards. Possibly one of the best soaps I've tried for that.

Back
Top Bottom