Harris Tweed Flat Cap

Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of getting a flat cap. I just wonder what size would I go with, would I order a size up? E.g. If I'm 58, go with a 59?

Any suggestions on any decent manufacturers? I'd like to go traditional old school with it, no modern ones like fcuk/ted baker etc.

P.s. My wife is not a fan if them but I love them!

Cheers guys

B

Thanks Gairdner, helpful as always mate. I eventually went with a Failsworth, the couple of websites I was looking at ran out of the Olney's :-( .

Looking forward to commuting to work with a warm head soon, like a Glaswegian Fred Dinbah!

Here's a pic of the hat. Are there any other flat cap fans out there?

B

I forgot about Failsworth and aye, I'd don that on ma napper any day. :D

Oh, and may I say that you gents have two of the best signatures on here!

I'm a fan and wear one most days ….. not a day goes by without someone cracking a “Northern” joke.

I've got used to the ridicule now and just set the whippets on them if it annoys me too much.

Failsworth are good. Marks & Sparks have some nice ones, I am very fond of a grey M&S made from Abraham Moon cloth. My favourite cap is a Hackett (Horse and Hound tweed from the Scottish borders) which is a bit wider in shape than the M&S and Failsworth models.

Bechet45 said:
Guys, please tell me you don't wear them whilst driving!!

Only whilst roaring round Brooklands in one's racing green Bentley, what, what!

pugh-the-special-one said:
Here's one of my favourite flat caps, I would have photographed myself with it on but the Mrs was out.

That's a beauty, Jamie.

Some very nice caps there guys. I'm pleased there are some others who appreciate the old classic look.

I hope it fits when it comes!

Do you like the GC quote Gairdner? It was gonna be that or Bill Hicks' one, 'I smoke loads these days, yep, I go through 'bout two lighters a day'. lol

Back
Top Bottom