:hungrig Weirdest Food you've ever eaten :hungrig

Further to a post about Horsemeat I thought it might be interesting to see what the weirdest thing that you've eaten, the weirdest thing someone you know has eaten and the weirdest thing you've ever heard of being eaten!

Weirdest Thing I've eaten is probably Deep Fried Ducks Feet - not great but not bad, they're one of those random Chinese delicacies, had them at a Chinese wedding at a whopping 32 course meal...we ate so little because of the food we went for an Indian afterwards... :hungrig :lol:

Weirdest thing someone I know has eaten is my Grandfather who when in the RAF in Sri Lanka was offered Monkey Brains

Weirdest thing I've ever heard of would likely be either Chinese people eating dessicated Tiger Peniseseseses becuase they though it improved their virility or when I was watching some docu. on TV there was a tribe in Africa that asks all the men to jerk their gerkhins all the time and save all the semen, it's collected in a pot and then drunk by the tribesmen because it is the lifeforce etc. etc.

F.G.R.X said:
a tribe in Africa that asks all the men to jerk their gerkhins all the time and save all the semen, it's collected in a pot and then drunk by the tribesmen because it is the lifeforce etc. etc.

Group Buy anyone? :hungrig

Pig Cat said:
F.G.R.X said:
Weirdest thing someone I know has eaten is my Grandfather

:eek:

:shock:

:lol:

What can I say we were both drunk, we'd been for our whistle stop tour of African tribes, I dunno, looking back on it I guess it was a bit silly, but when he took me upstairs to look at the Hornby trains I just wanted to show him how big and clever I was. He pulled the choo-choo train out it's packaging, we put it into motion, he parked it in the station and unloaded all the passengers. ;)

It wasn't the smartest thing to do but certainly it gave me all my protein for the week...

p.s.
I have thoroughly disgusted myself, will be back tomorrow after my 50showers...must get clean...must get clean...

I don't know about the weirdest food, but this guy eats the most food. Or I thought he did, until Chuck showed up, at round about 4 mins 40 seconds.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O45PX_b2ft4[/youtube]

Man v Food, it's awesome TV. Him and another guy tried to eat an 11lb pizza between em in one show, his mate got through 4lbs of it and had to go throw up outside. They don't make many shows of this quality these days.

Made a "cake" tonight out of pig's ear, parmesan, parsley, flour... served with lamb's lettuce and a mustard dressing. That was pretty weird.

Attachments

• pigearcake.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 98
Give me a duck's heart on toast any day!

PS Loved the burger clip. It made me hungry so I'm tucking in to some chips 'n' dips. Rather have a burger though! :hungrig

:lol: Chopped up pigs ear in a "cake", that is going to be a bit gristly.

I'm happy to bow to the Chinks for preparing and enjoying extremities plus they like those slightly odd textures.

Do you think the Anglo Saxon's do it well?

I got the recipe from here:

http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/613734

Claude Bosi is a 2 Michelin-starred chef, so some people think he does it well.

The problem is that we're so sanitised these days, we're not exposed to the gristly and grisly bits very often. I've got the other ear and a tail in the freezer, as well as a couple of trotters (saving them up to do Gary Rhodes' pig's trotter bourguignon recipe).

That woman on Masterchef: "I would have enjoyed it more had I not known it was a pig's ear"... for heaven's sake, woman, if you enjoyed it, does it matter where it came from? Unless it was, like, long pig.

The best of the lot was the woman who ordered lamb sweetbreads... "this isn't bread. I ordered bread." :lol:

I suppose the true test is whether you'd eat it again.

I have some trotters in the freezer that I don't know what to do with, do you have a good recipe?

Back
Top Bottom