Movies?

Last night was Trainspotting, tonight was T2 Trainspotting. Two of my absolute favourite films; not the lightest of subject matter but I never get sick of them.

Yesterday evening I watched "A Man Called Otto" at my local cinema, I like Tom Hanks and have liked all of his films, this one imo was one of his best.
I will not spoil anything by telling you what it is about but if you like Tom Hanks I'm sure you will love this film.

Paul.

I used to be a bigger fan of films when I was younger. I am still interested in them, but these days I prefer to read books or magazines about films, rather than the films themselves. I tend to avoid most modern films, partly because a lot of them are crap and partly because I prefer older films. A lot of modern films are also much too long, and I don't have the patience to sit through them. My tastes in films are generally geared towards comedies, action films or horror.

Reactions: PHR
I used to be a bigger fan of films when I was younger. I prefer older films. My tastes in films are generally geared towards comedies, action films or horror.

Hi there,

One of my favorite old flicks and if you like this be sure to watch Never Say Die, which is listed on that same website.

Martin

Hiya,

Never been a big WC Fields fan but this movie is something special. Ah yes, The Great McGonigal with his sidekick Marmaduke Gump. Make sure to watch the juggling routine at the end,

Martin

Reactions: PHR
Not a movie, but instead some extremely well written, witty and descriptively amusing skits. Excellent characters having fun.

Last edited:
Only just found this thread. Love watching films, always have. Most genres, any era, budget, and language. Agree with previous comment that most modern mainstream releases are rubbish. The last three films I watched at the cinema were 'Avatar:The Way of the Water', 'A Man Called Otto', and 'Puss in Boots: The Last Wish'. I enjoyed them all but the Otto film was particularly good. My worst film of 2022 was 'Thor: Love and Thunder' which is possibly the worst film I've ever seen. I won't be watching any more Marvel films after that one and I've seen all the others.

Any film recommendations are always welcome and I'm happy to discuss afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom