My restore

moodymick said:
That was a seriously nice handle going on there. Must admit if i do buy one (vintage brush), I'll be getting someone else to do the work :)

I thought that and had emailed Beejay, before I rearlised it and before he'd replied I'd drilled the knot and was sanding it!

Just wish I could sort the lettering on the handle out, everything I've tried has failed.

Ids said:
moodymick said:
That was a seriously nice handle going on there. Must admit if i do buy one (vintage brush), I'll be getting someone else to do the work :)

I thought that and had emailed Beejay, before I rearlised it and before he'd replied I'd drilled the knot and was sanding it!

Just wish I could sort the lettering on the handle out, everything I've tried has failed.

Is it embossed or an impression? If impressed, could you paint over it, wait for it to dry and then sand it back hopefully just leaving the lettering?

Know something Ids? In my opinion, (which admittedly isn't much) leaving it as it is, is somehow 'proper'. It looks authentic. Why gild the lily?

Yours the 'Not really into brushes' guy

ps
This one dings my dong though!

Back
Top Bottom