Closed Pass Around: Hone Type 15 - Completed

I would not use the word deteriorate, it has lost it's golden glow and taken on a more dull and tool like look, I really like it but never saw it in it's brand new state, I have that pleasure yet to come.

It's not pitted or marked just darker, I'm sure a quick polish would make it shiny again with not too much effort.

I'd try a toothbrush and Fairy to get any muck off and leave the patina to develop. I think polishing is verboten in the T&Cs.
Andy wants to learn something about the finish of his razor and how it ages. Polishing will destroy the traces of the ageing process and Andy learns nothing. He kindly gave us a great razor to try and we kindly don't polish it. Simples. :)

Hi all, Hope you are having a nice Sunday. Yes I'm interested to see how the finish from real world matches my testing. Looking at the images it seems to be lining up quite well. I have been compiling and creating a web page for looking after the finish also. I will let you know when it is ready :)

Postman's just been and no razor. Nobody in tomorrow red card so I will be Friday before I get my chance, so I'm off to the bathroom to shave my three day growth off that I've been saving.

Postman's just been and no razor. Nobody in tomorrow red card so I will be Friday before I get my chance, so I'm off to the bathroom to shave my three day growth off that I've been saving.
Sorry to hear that. I can see that it was sent 'Royal Mail Signed For' and not 'Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm' and Royal Mail tracking web site shows no progress yet.

Yeah just checked on this .. my fault, sold a lot of little bits on ebay lately and the lady in the PO must have assumed and I did not make it clear that this was different, sorry George.

No problem Stacy555. Tis only a couple of days, just feels like I've been a bad boy this year and Father Christmas missed my chimney last night lol.

The Hone has landed many thanks Stacy555. Only opened the box up first thoughts, what a lovely looking razor well made and a got some weight to it. Not wishing my life away but I can't wait for the morning to get a blade in.

Back
Top Bottom