Closed Pass Around: Hone Type 15 - Completed

The Hone has landed many thanks Stacy555. Only opened the box up first thoughts, what a lovely looking razor well made and a got some weight to it. Not wishing my life away but I can't wait for the morning to get a blade in.
Thanks for letting us know, george.
Enjoy the Hone.

1. Bechet
  2. mikebrownington
  3. rowlers
  4. Stacy555
  5. george
  6. Nico1970
  7. MPH
  8. Whosthedaddy
  9. Sir_eider
  10. DevonStan
  11. Dipesh
  12. Geofnay
List closed.

Legend: Currently with, On the way to, Waiting, Completed

I put a polsilver in the Hone this morning and started on my first shave.
The feel in the hand is of quality, this is heavfty but with this lenth of handle is compact and feel is right.

The feel of this razor for me is perfect on the face, comfortable and smooth. The handle is shorter than my usual OSS and less grip not slippery.

The shave was DFS, a word that keeps coming up with this razor is comfort because this is the only way to describe it for me. So far so good many thanks to all. I will report back tomorrow.

Second shave this morning I wanted to give it a day for a bit more growth. Still a lovely easy shave but I noticed the length of the handle more this morning being a bit short for me that is.

This is still the best face feel I've had from any razor I've shaved with, smooth and comfortable to use. The handle for me needs to be longer for this weight of razor, to me it just feels on the edge of control if it were lighter I don't think I would notice it so much. But I do I'm concentrating to much with holding it to really enjoy what a superb razor this is.

My second fault is I could of done with a notch up on the aggression just a notch. This razor gives a lovely shave but to me its a three passer and I'm a two pass shaver anything more and my face suffers. If these two things could be changed it would be perfect, but still as it is its still the best razor that's touched my face.
As with all razors the need for aggression can change but I don't think the need for a longer handle will.

Im really loving mine. I keep wondering about the handle - part of me thinks it should be a smidge longer ( 5mm, 10mm perhaps) and part of me thinks not.
Finish wise, again I'm not sure whether I mind the patination - Im certainly not going to be polishing it every time I use it, but maybe once a month or so.... I dunno. Still, cracking razor - really of all the modern razors I have tried the one I like the most.
24123133210_f127d5ca16_n.jpg

Who knows, it might even replace Frankentech, my daily go-to.

When mine arrives I shall be shaving with it as it comes, but I feel it would not be too difficult to add a spacer, using a contrasting material to lengthen the handle and still maintain the aesthetic beauty.

time will tell.

While not in the pass around I went ahead and purchased a Hone Type 15 and just received it here in Boise, Idaho. It was a nice surprise as I wasn't expecting it for another week. Needless to say I immediately unboxed it and loaded a new Gillette Rubie and prepped for a pleasant shave. I am used to a Merkur Futur and a Edwin Jaager. I am in agreement that the shave with the Hone is milder than the other two I am familiar with. While my face liked it as there wasn't any irritation I felt that the shave wasn't as close. I did 3 passes. I will admit that the lack of closeness can be a result of just getting used to the new razor. Overall I must say that I really enjoyed using this and look forward to a better more refined experience tomorrow.

While not in the pass around I went ahead and purchased a Hone Type 15 and just received it here in Boise, Idaho. It was a nice surprise as I wasn't expecting it for another week. Needless to say I immediately unboxed it and loaded a new Gillette Rubie and prepped for a pleasant shave. I am used to a Merkur Futur and a Edwin Jaager. I am in agreement that the shave with the Hone is milder than the other two I am familiar with. While my face liked it as there wasn't any irritation I felt that the shave wasn't as close. I did 3 passes. I will admit that the lack of closeness can be a result of just getting used to the new razor. Overall I must say that I really enjoyed using this and look forward to a better more refined experience tomorrow.

How do you find the handle length? If it's milder than the EJ I think it may be too mild for me. :(

@Randomangle I felt the handle length made the shave more comfortable. The length, in my mind allowed me to control the razor much better than when I have used shorter handle razors. I echo what @rowlers said. The Hone is much more efficient then my EJ. There was definitely less irritation once the shave was complete as compared with my EJ.

I'm in the process of getting the razor ready to send on tomorrow so who's next up if you can PM your address please. I'd just like to say many thanks to all involved with this razor and pass round. Regards William.

1. Bechet
  2. mikebrownington
  3. rowlers
  4. Stacy555
  5. george
  6. Nico1970
  7. MPH
  8. Whosthedaddy
  9. Sir_eider
  10. DevonStan
  11. Dipesh
  12. Geofnay