Photo of the day

Achmelvich-1.jpg

Almost exactly a year ago - I can't get over how much the world has changed - Sutherland - northern Scotland - my two most loved and dearest friends in the world - I'm one of the group - clue - I'm not the fat bastard in the picture - the guy that is next to me - is locked down in the Saudi Arabian desert - having a frankly great time - Land Cruiser and camels - proper geared up - Rohan and Rab - Cons - nice - a radical dislocation from everything - we understood before - we will survive as we can - I.

@patw @Blademonkey @Satanfriendly

Last edited:
View attachment 57196

Almost exactly a year ago - I can't get over how much the world has changed - Sutherland - northern Scotland - my two most loved and dearest friends in the world - I'm one of the group - clue - I'm not the fat bastard in the picture - proper geared up - Rohan and Rab - Cons - nice - a radical dislocation from everything - we understood before - we will survive as we can - I.

I recognise your boots from one of your recent photos :) Is that a Bothy in the background, or maybe a public house :) P.

View attachment 57196

Almost exactly a year ago - I can't get over how much the world has changed - Sutherland - northern Scotland - my two most loved and dearest friends in the world - I'm one of the group - clue - I'm not the fat bastard in the picture - the guy that is next to me - is locked down in the Saudi Arabian desert - having a frankly great time - Land Cruiser and camels - proper geared up - Rohan and Rab - Cons - nice - a radical dislocation from everything - we understood before - we will survive as we can - I.

Pack the walking boots, grab the fly rod ,jump in the motorhome and head to the stunning wilderness that is Sutherland.

Those days will be with you again one day. And your friends will still be friends.

Nearly a year ago for me

IMG-20181009-WA0001.jpg

I am the one not wearing the skirt. That is Denisse who used to be my coordinator in Mexico. She did a Masters at Aberdeen University and we acted as her guarantors for visas etc. She got a first. She now speaks English in a Latino Scottish twang.

The pub is the Philharmonic in Liverpool a short time after Paul McCartney made his impromptu concert there.

Denisse Paolo 20170701_204341.jpg

And here she is in small person mode with her sister

This is indeed true - great pictures - the idea of a Latino Scottish twang - strikes me - as deeply charming - I.

I should have asked her for a translation when I made my pathetically delivered tales from Scotland.

She is deeply charming. We know a lot of her family as we had Denisse and her mum and dad stay at our place last year.

Me and Mrs SF are planning on returning to Tabasco next year to visit them all

Potd-07-11-20-02.jpg

Unless you know what you are doing - don't ever divide a picture perfectly symmetrically -

Potd-19-07-20-03.jpg

My best mate - who I haven't seen for 19 weeks - cooking for us last night - sausage casserole - made from pigs - he and his partner grew - or reared - take your pick - delicious - Moroccan spiced. It was great to see him. I.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom