Portuguese Creams

James_uk said:
musgo is an outstanding cream but I still feel it's hideously overpriced for a tbe of that size

If you think it´s overpriced you should try getting it in Portugal! :roll:
Hard to only being able to buy it for 10,5€+ when you see it in the states for 10$(7-7.5€)... :geek:

Islander said:
James_uk said:
musgo is an outstanding cream but I still feel it's hideously overpriced for a tbe of that size

Hard to only being able to buy it for 10,5€+ when you see it in the states for 10$(7-7.5€)... :geek:
Where do you get it there?"A vida Portuguesa","Perfumerias Oriental" or online?

I happened to find a store who sells it, but an accident, really and not cheap. A traditional kind of drugstore, not common at all to carry it. It seems everyone just wants to sell to the states! ;)

Yes, it is overpriced, but is my favorite portuguese cream. The second one is top secret.

Islander said:

Blame the government. VAT here in Portugal is 21%.
As much as i know in the USA they don´t have VAT, only a sale tax, wich is much lower.

bleddyn said:
Yes, it is overpriced, but is my favorite portuguese cream. The second one is top secret.

Islander said:

Blame the government. VAT here in Portugal is 21%.
As much as i know in the USA they don´t have VAT, only a sale tax, wich is much lower.

Although not such a big difference but in online stores in UK you can also get it cheaper and they do have VAT... I think the company´s strategy is to focus on exports to "better/richer" markets and consumers and just doesn´t care to sell it in its own country.

Islander said:
i think the company´s strategy is to focus on exports to "better/richer" markets and consumers and just doesn´t care to sell it in its own country.

In this part I agree with you. I find it easier to buy an Omega brush in a drugstore here in Portugal rather than a Semogue. It´s the country we have.

Ahhh... the elusive tube of Musgo Real shaving cream. I've seen a few rare items at shops, but never a single tube of Musgo. Guess I have to look harder or buy online...

The "3Cs" (Veleiro, Top Secret and "O Melhor") are very good. Unlike the majority of opinions I've read, Veleiro is not my favorite. I much prefer Top Secret for its unique scent and price/performance ratio. "O Melhor" is very similar to Veleiro, but I think the scent is much better.

I have 2 tubes which I bought from a vendor from another Group. I love this cream so much, although I don't use it as often as I should. I never tried any other Portuguese cream.

crackstar said:
I have 2 tubes which I bought from a vendor from another Group. I love this cream so much, although I don't use it as often as I should. I never tried any other Portuguese cream.

Are you talking about Musgo Real? You should at least try Top Secret. There's always room for YMMV, but this is a great cream.

brg said:
crackstar said:

Are you talking about Musgo Real? You should at least try Top Secret. There's always room for YMMV, but this is a great cream.

Yes, it's Musgo Real. I was told the Top Secret is also excellent, but I have no way of getting it.

crackstar said:
brg said:
crackstar said:

Yes, it's Musgo Real. I was told the Top Secret is also excellent, but I have no way of getting it.

You can buy the Top Secret shaving cream directly on confiança official website (the brand that makes these wonderful cream), has very good prices.Check out the page, it's worth

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.confiancasoaps.com/catalogo/listaprodutos.php?cat=208&sessao=1&p=5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.confiancasoaps.com/catalogo/ ... ssao=1&p=5</a><!-- m -->

Have had a tube of Top Secret hiding under my sink for nearly a month so thought I would give it a run out today.

This cream is just sublime. Great scent and makes copious amounts of rich creamy lather from just a small amount of cream. Did I mention the scent? Found myself sitting on the edge of the bath with my nose deeply ensconced in the bowl after I had made the lather. I actually prefer Top Secret over Musgo Real - which I have not really got on with, thought it might have been the lanolin content but as TS also contains lanolin this obviously isn't the problem. Something in Musgo leaves me with red blotches on my cheeks which take a day or two to go away.

Such a shame, looking on their website that Confiança doesn't do an aftershave or balm - but have seen it on Vintage Scent :? - to go with this cream. Not a bad price too but have no idea on the cost of P&P, yet :hungrig

Feel a hoarding session coming up :D

Proudfoot said:
Have had a tube of Top Secret hiding under my sink for nearly a month so thought I would give it a run out today.

This cream is just sublime. Great scent and makes copious amounts of rich creamy lather from just a small amount of cream. Did I mention the scent? Found myself sitting on the edge of the bath with my nose deeply ensconced in the bowl after I had made the lather. I actually prefer Top Secret over Musgo Real - which I have not really got on with, thought it might have been the lanolin content but as TS also contains lanolin this obviously isn't the problem. Something in Musgo leaves me with red blotches on my cheeks which take a day or two to go away.

Such a shame, looking on their website that Confiança doesn't do an aftershave or balm - but have seen it on Vintage Scent :? - to go with this cream. Not a bad price too but have no idea on the cost of P&P, yet :hungrig

Top secret shaving cream is indeed a very good shaving cream! ;)
Do you asked for a Top Secret aftershave? There you have it, along with a cologne, you secret agent! ;) Unluckily, the scent is somewhat different than the scent of the shaving cream...

oversaturn said:
Proudfoot said:

Top secret shaving cream is indeed a very good shaving cream! ;)
Do you asked for a Top Secret aftershave? There you have it, along with a cologne, you secret agent! ;) Unluckily, the scent is somewhat different than the scent of the shaving cream...

:hungrig :hungrig :hungrig At those prices worth taking the risk on scent :hungrig :hungrig :hungrig

Back
Top Bottom