Rate The Last Film You Watched

I saw the Amy documentary (well, the last hour or so) and I think to just dismiss her as "weak" is harsh. Everybody has strengths and weaknesses.

If you can't step out of your house without 30 pricks thrusting cameras in your face, your own family trying to shill you, your management sending you here, there and everywhere when you're clearly not well, not being able to switch on the TV or flick through a paper without someone using you for a cheap laugh - Throw in clearly not being mentally fit and issues with addiction....as you say, car crash.

Anyhow :D, last film I watched - Gravity.

Good performances despite some cheesy dialogue and the effects are astonishing. I just felt it was a little hollow and got repetitive. Debris hits, everyone gets bounced around, smashy smashy, move onto next checkpoint, flail around a bit and repeat.

Survivor.

Not terrible. Not great. A decent flick to pass a rainy Sunday with. 6/10

Survivor-2015.jpg

Fast & Furious 7
I'm a massive fan of these films but this tried too hard to be bigger and better than 6 but that was always going to be a big challenge. It's entertaining but the stunts would have even been too far fetched for the Die Hard franchise. They're really losing grip with reality, to the point they're in danger of becoming science fiction!
I liked the way Paul Walkers death was handled, and it was very difficult to see the seam-work they had to do to finish it. Points? 6/10

" We Still Kill the Old Way ", hardly a cinema classic perhaps, but it took me back to the days when the whole Glasgow cinema audience rose to its feet roaring and applauding Charles Bronson in the very first Death Wish film when he was taking care of business. Nothing wrong with a bit of populist revenge entertainment in my book !

JohnnyO. o/

The Martian (imdb rating 8.1)

By far the best of the Mars films (Red Planet, Mission to Mars, Last Days on Mars, etc, etc, etc....) and there's a big shock in it........Matt Damon is actually acting in it. Nope, it's not Jason Bourne, David Norris, Will Hunting or even Private Ryan, just a decent actor playing a brilliant part.
The premise has been done before but not as well as this. The cast is outstanding along with the story (which you really get sucked into), effects, the lot. Has to be one of the best Sci-fi / space movies ever, and one of the best I've seen. Absolutely loved it 9.5/10

Hitman (2007 version). When I first saw this I was a little, shall we say, underwhelmed? However having recently watched the newer Hitman 47, I thought I would have a re-visit. On second viewing it is a bit better than I remembered and certainly there are more nods to the game here: high reverse camera angles when walking down corridors, a stiff armed gait and a bit of costume play. Oh yeah and Olga Kurylenko gets her tits out quite a lot. Plot's still pretty bat-shit crazy, but hey hoo.

Having introduced my 2 sons (5&7) to the original Star Wars trilogy over Christmas, we finally got round to going to the flicks at the weekend to watch The Force Awakens.
At first, I really enjoyed it. 10/10 for nostalgic reasons. 10/10 for visuals. 10/10 for BB8's thumbs up (I actually lol'ed). 10/10 for a great family event...
Then, afterwards and after overly thinking it, I realised it was in fact shite...
1/10 for plot (being Ep4 in disguise). 2/10 for being just plain silly.
Will I buy it on DVD? Of course; it's Star Wars. Will I watch it umpteen times? Of course; it's Star Wars.
I hope the next episode takes is somewhere new.

Back
Top Bottom