Rate The Last Film You Watched

I, Frankenstein
Obviously my expectations weren't high but what a pointless, overladen with CGI pile of keek! I'm surprised they used actors at all. I hate films that try to tell the story with special effects.

I watched Margin Call a few days ago. Loved it! Took something i know nothing about (or call about) in the stock market, and made it about the characters themselves. Really interesting take on it.

Friday night : Freaks of Nature, comedy horror, teen movie, this was done pretty well, they must have had a reasonable budget and made the most of it, good fun overall 6/10

Saturday night : Legend, Tom Hardy does a good job of showing how Character acting works, disappointed in the way the whole thing is constructed as a series of anecdotes and short scenes, I never felt engaged in a storyline.
7.5/10 purely given on Hardy's performances.

Legend.

Stylish, cartoonish, and a bit silly. Thankfully it is far superior to the appalling 1990 Krays film.

Tom Hardy is always a compelling actor, but this is a veritable tour de force. Even heavyweights in the supporting cast (including personal faves Christoper Eccleston and David Thewlis) cannot compete or draw any attention away from Hardy's formidable performance as both Reggie and Ronnie.

Back
Top Bottom