Rate The Last Film You Watched

AFTERSUN 4.5 out of 5.

A very subtle film which you need to watch carefully. Some people can’t see what all the fuss is about, others think it’s a masterpiece.

Although I wouldn’t say it’s a masterpiece, it’s differently a film which packs a punch and will stay with you for a good while afterwards.

Carry On Up The Khyber (1968)

This is quite possibly the most un-PC Carry On film ever made. However, it has always been a favourite of mine and it still is. I watched it again last night, and I still thought that it was superb. It is one of the very best of the entire series, IMO. I give it a solid 10/10.

Reactions: PHR
I was going to watch this at the cinema but guessed it would be a hash job, I'm pleased I didn't go now after reading your post.

Paul.
I don't think that any film about a legend like Bowie could ever really do him justice. I avoided seeing the film for exactly the same reasons as you.

I think it's on TV soon, but I'll give it a miss, even though they have given it four stars. I think that I'll let my memories of him come across from his many, many great songs.

Carry On Camping (1969)

This was the first Carry On film to feature actual nudity, IIRC. The characterisations are also a bit dubious, with Barbara Windsor playing a schoolgirl and Sid James lusting after her. How times (and public attitudes) have changed. The film also features the very well-known "flying bra" scene, featuring Barbara Windsor (as usual). However, it is one of my favourite Carry On films, and I enjoyed watching it again, despite the presence of bloody Barbara Windsor and her tits (again). I give it a solid 10/10.

Carry On Camping (1969)

This was the first Carry On film to feature actual nudity, IIRC. The characterisations are also a bit dubious, with Barbara Windsor playing a schoolgirl and Sid James lusting after her. How times (and public attitudes) have changed. The film also features the very well-known "flying bra" scene, featuring Barbara Windsor (as usual). However, it is one of my favourite Carry On films, and I enjoyed watching it again, despite the presence of bloody Barbara Windsor and her tits (again). I give it a solid 10/10.
Gadz!

Barbara-Windsor.jpg

Back
Top Bottom