Razor Blades Club customs fees UK question

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to source some DE blades, which are not available on Amazon UK and thanks to the ridiculously stupid new rule on eBay, they aren't allowing UK sellers to sell DE razor blades, so I can't get them on there either.

I noticed Razor Blades Club when looking around online for blades, and noticed that they are based in Sweden. I was wondering if anyone on here who lives in the UK has ordered from them, and if so, did you incur any customs fees etc than needed to be paid once it reached the UK ?

Thanks.

I've ordered maybe a handful of times and not once had any issues with customs. One of my orders was right over the actual Brexit date and that order got stuck in limbo which after maybe three or four weeks RBC sent me a fresh order out without question ... which arrived within a few days. The original order turned up a week or so later, so I paid up for that one.

Recommended.

No issues, that I've encountered.

Just don't buy all of them! Leave some for the rest of us.

@pjgh That's brilliant thanks for the help, that's much appreciated. Great to hear your experience. I promise to not buy them all, maybe a couple of hundred, so plenty left for the rest of you

Just as an addition I think the limit is around £135 before you get stung for customs, I think the intent is that the seller has collected the necessary taxes on values below this.

Put it this way, I've not been charged custom fees for anything I've ordered from overseas under this value.

Just as an addition I think the limit is around £135 before you get stung for customs, I think the intent is that the seller has collected the necessary taxes on values below this.

Put it this way, I've not been charged custom fees for anything I've ordered from overseas under this value.
Thanks for the help and information, really appreciate it :)

I had a small order a few weeks ago, came through without any issues (no VAT nor customs).

[I've not had any issues with VAT/customs for a few years now. Theoretically now VAT should be paid on any amount, meaning no more 35£ threshold, but HMRC how wants it collected at the point of sale - so even foreign companies are now supposed to collect VAT up front. Some big companies do this - I've noticed aliexpress and such do - but I think the small ones - like RBC - sometimes don't. In any case this regime I think means that the customs pretty much ignore everything small.]

I had a small order a few weeks ago, came through without any issues (no VAT nor customs).

[I've not had any issues with VAT/customs for a few years now. Theoretically now VAT should be paid on any amount, meaning no more 35£ threshold, but HMRC how wants it collected at the point of sale - so even foreign companies are now supposed to collect VAT up front. Some big companies do this - I've noticed aliexpress and such do - but I think the small ones - like RBC - sometimes don't. In any case this regime I think means that the customs pretty much ignore everything small.]

That's very helpful, appreciate the help :)

Iv used them a good few times with no issues but don’t forget your local uk websites that sell blades which most do
That's good to hear, thanks for the help.

Yes I had a look on the UK websites, prior to looking further afield.
The UK websites either didn't stock the brands I was wanting, or the ones I wanted they only sold them in fives and tens and I usually buy my blades in 100's at a time as it works out cheaper. Executive Shaving sold a small amount in 100's, but they were ridiculously expensive.

I placed an order with Razor Blade Club, and the order is on route to me. The tracking information provided mentions its was sent with Deutsche Post.

I was just wondering if anyone who ordered something from Razor Blade Club and lives in the UK, can tell me who delivers the parcel once it reaches the UK. Just wondering if it then gets handed over to Royal Mail?

The reason I ask is, the Postman on our route is a friend and when he has items for us that won't fit through the letterbox or if we are not at home, he normally leaves it with our cousin who lives on the next street to us. When I know something is on it's way with Royal Mail, I normally make him aware of it, and ask him to leave it at my cousin's house, if it is going to be delivered Monday to Friday.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom