Russian PPI produced Blades vs China / India variants

Its interesting that now i am over 60 i feel my skin has changed a little recently and my Russian Astra SP still do a great job, but i feel they are having to plough through fractionally tougher hair these days. They aren't the sharpest for sure, but for me have always been a perfect balance of sharp and smooth. Now it feels like they are having to work a fraction harder.

Hence i am exploring sharper options and this current upheaval courtesy of Putin just makes the job less simple than it used to be.

Am leaning towards trying some Indian Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum "Blacks" for sure, as i am reading so much love for them on the interweb.
I love the Blacks, but at least here in the US, their price has skyrocketed in the last few years. I can get Wizamets cheaper, and if I watch closely almost get Feathers for what they sell for these days.

Honestly chaps, if you haven’t tried the humble Lord Silver Star, you may be missing out. A criminally underrated blade that is both very sharp and delightfully smooth. It is also very inexpensive.

I've got a pack of about 98 sitting in my blade draw. Years ago I didn't think they compared to my beloved GSB's - but I think the time has come to give them another whirl! cheers.

Don’t rate the GSB much. Middle of the roads but nowhere near a Silverr Star.

Funny how different blades work for different skin/beard/razor types isn't it? If you don't rate the GSB there's probably a higher probability I'll think similar with the silver stars, based on those variables. Still, I always think it's worth revisiting things years later, particularly with changes to technique, razors etc.

On second thoughts, I'll probably wait until I come off anticoagulants first, in a months' time :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom