S.O.T.D w/c Saturday 27th - Friday 2nd August 2013

Monday 07-29-13. MUSIC: The Jam - The Very Best Of The Jam.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEN800Re5EE[/video]

52b40c55-158b-4440-8779-619b28fd974a.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Simpson Chubby 1 best badger - Merkur 25C - Chroma Diamant #4 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Mike's Sandalwood & Vanilla - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Myrsol Emulsión - ASL Pinaud Clubman Vanilla.

Warm shower
Proraso pre, white
Simpson's Colonel X2L, Cella
Merkur Progress (#2), Polsilver SI (3)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave healer

All fine and dandy

Monday morning

Gillette face wash
Proraso pre
Kent BK2 brush
Mitchells wool fat soap
Gillette aristocrat #66
Personna red (2)
Alum and witch hazel gel
Old spice after shave
Followed by RSC balm

Good shave if a little rushed this morning, ended up with seem irritation on the neck, probably a speed error! Balm soon settled this down.

EVENING

Prep: Run, cool shower, cold rinse
Razor: Digress 5, 5, 5 (Because I forgot to change it)
Blade:polsiver SI (4)
Brush: Rudy Vey custom 2 Band
Pre: Prorasso Green
Soap: Speick/Ingram mix
A/S: Prorasso Green
Balm:444 from sample
Cologne/Edt R/Lauren Polo

Broke my 3 shaves per blade rule as tonight is my last shift before 4 days off, and a shaving break. Not too bad with cold water shave, couple of weepers but nothing more.

Comfortable DFS

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Made Rite badger
Pomco/Wilkinson Super Sword Edge (NOS)
Klar Kabinett SS
Neutrogena oil free moisture
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT (dirt cheap and a favorite vetyver frag).

Second and final time with the slant. Nice having it for a change of pace, but I actually need to pay some attention to detail with that thing. Heh, back to one of my regular set ups starting tomorrow. Tough giving up a day for a less than perfect no drama shave.

BBS results,

Martin

I felt like giving a neglected product a second chance. I love eShave creams, but I have found their soaps to be somewhat lacking. They're not bad, just not as good as the creams. I always manage to buy their products for a fraction of the MSRP, so I find them to be well worth what I pay, but I judge them based upon their actual retail price (would I buy this product at full price?), so I tend to be hard on them if they do not muster up. I have the Linden soap currently and I love the scent, but feel ambivalent about its performance. I am using French soaps this week (eShave products are made in France), so I figured that today would be a good day to give the Linden another go. Having played with my vintage Gillettes and RiMei for a while now, I am also returning to my beloved disposable blade straight razors. My Fromm still has a blade in it with maybe a shave or two, so it was the obvious choice.

I did a three pass wtg/atg/xtg shave followed by a cold water rinse and some T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel. A nice DFS with no nicks (although I nearly had disaster strike when I was careless in placing the blade against my upper lip), and no irritation. I was a bit aggressive and was certain that I would walk away with some redness, but the excellent skin care properties of the eShave soap and the astringent properties of the witch hazel saved me from myself. The eShave Linden did really well. I don't know if I have the EMJ synthetic and face lathering to thank or if I just didn't give it enough of a chance the first few times I used it, but it was a joy to use today. I will use the Linden some more this week, and I may have to revisit the other eShave soaps if it continues to perform as well as it did today. My skin is soft, smooth, and happy.

Pre: Hot shower and warm water splash
Razor: Fromm hair shaper
Blade: Fromm hair shaper blade
Brush: Every Man Jack Synthetic
Soap: eShave Linden

[attachment=8052]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375129176877.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375129176877.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 31

Musgo Real glyce classic soap
Feather Artist Club SS - Dorco
Simpsons Tulip T1
Nanny's Gentleman's shaving soap - French Lavender
Proraso Green A/S

Squeaky

Tuesday xxx July, 2013

Prep: Shower, Savon de Provence Shea butter
Pre: Cold water splash
Brush: Frank Shaving Pur Tech Synthetic
Soap: Figaro P.160
Razor:Merkur Digress LD
Blade: Wizamet Polsilver Stainless # 1
Post: Sal Alum stick, Thayer's Medicated WH, Zirh Post Shave Solution
Fragrance: Sex Pistols EdP

c9aad719838cc3d7ef9944fc0b5ce148_zps3553419c.jpg

Result: Loving the Figaro. Superb stuff. Top shave.

Have a good day everyone.

Jon

Prep face wash L'Occitane vetiver soap
Razor The Fon Golden Star full hollow 13/16
Strop Kanayama cordovan #8000
Brush M & F L7 blond badger in faux Tortoiseshell
Mondial bergamot & neroli Italian soap
Alum & Thayers toner
Kiehl's aftershave balm
Kiehl's original musk blend No 1 Edt

A great shave from the Fon.

5c04d53c-a699-43e6-a01c-5489db69e0ab_zps0961a211.jpg

Pre: Shower
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Astra Super Platinum
Brush: Omega 83
Soap: Wilkinson Sword Shaving stick

Another quality shave and the Wilkinsons's stick is a great performer with fantastic lather and is about a billion times better than the soap in a bowl. Easily as good as the Palmolive stick.
I am not totally convinced of the scent, however. It smells a little artificial to me. Sort of fresh but chemically. Dunno if anyone else disliked the scent?
It could have something to do with it's glowing blue colour haha. Maybe it will grow on me....very good soap though.

Goodmorning,

Shower prep with Droyt face Soap
Proraso Pre Green
Proraso Green cream
Progress (#2) with Personna Red (3)
Cold rinse
Proraso A/S
Blue Orchid Hair tonic

Another great shave from this hardware and software combo.

Back
Top Bottom