Saturday 10rd - Friday 16nd December 2022.

JiDpoMW.png

RAZOR: RazoRock Superslant L2
BLADE: Feather
BRUSH: Custom Handle w/20mm synthetic Knot
LATHER: Ethos Mélange d’agrumes Shave Soap

Sun 11
Soap & Aftershave Yaqi PinaColada Chillers
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Joseph Elliott "Fine India Steel" 13/16
This soap is quite good and really cold & the matching splash can be used as a local anesthetic...:LOL:
One of my favorite razors...the edge is beautifully soft yet crisply keen. Had a super enjoyable 3 pass shave for a bbs-ccs finish...
20221211_102836.jpg

SOTD: 11th December 2022.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Palmolive Naturals Olive & Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather: Wilkinson Sword Soap Bowl.
Blade: Gillette Winner Stainless. (D2)
Razor: Parker 22R.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Nivea Men 2 Phase + P&G Old Spice Original ASL Mixture /Cien Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

An invigorating Sunday morning cold water shave.

The Winner stainless felt super smooth & efficient paired together with the 22R on it's second outing....I find that some DE blades especially stainless & teflon coated ones start show to their true potential on the second shave.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

My face is feeling cool, smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay Safe, and enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Sunday 11th December

Preshave • La Toja Magno
Soap • MWF
Brush • Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor • Pearl Flexi
Blade • Gillette Spoiler (7)
Post • Superdrug Forest Fresh Aftershave

It's been 2-3 years since I last used MWF, and I now remember why. It appears to make a good lather, and then it dissipates (not completely), but enough to disappoint.
It aids in glide still, but lacks in protection a little.
To give it a fighting chance I used Magno soap as a preshave.
I like the almost neutral 'soapy' scent, and the post shave feel (there are some positives).
The soap is now in its ceramic pot immersed in water for a day or two to re-hydrate it, to see if it makes it perform better.

Enjoy the remainder of the weekend everyone.

Sunday 11th December

Preshave • La Toja Magno
Soap • MWF
Brush • Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor • Pearl Flexi
Blade • Gillette Spoiler (7)
Post • Superdrug Forest Fresh Aftershave

It's been 2-3 years since I last used MWF, and I now remember why. It appears to make a good lather, and then it dissipates (not completely), but enough to disappoint.
It aids in glide still, but lacks in protection a little.
To give it a fighting chance I used Magno soap as a preshave.
I like the almost neutral 'soapy' scent, and the post shave feel (there are some positives).
The soap is now in its ceramic pot immersed in water for a day or two to re-hydrate it, to see if it makes it perform better.

Enjoy the remainder of the weekend everyone.

Do you remember when you bought it? Paul/pjgh wrote up a good thread about the there was a bad batch of MWF over the last few years, sold sometime around 2020.

Do you remember when you bought it? Paul/pjgh wrote up a good thread about the there was a bad batch of MWF over the last few years, sold sometime around 2020.
Hi Shubs

I saw Paul's write up on the QA issues - very thorough as usual.
I bought it about 5 years ago, so probably before 'bad batchgate'.
I've tried all sorts to get it to perform . . damp brush, wet brush, light/heavy loading, soaking etc.
I've always wanted to like MWF more, but when there is a plethora of (imo) better performing soaps available, it's a no-brainer.
It makes me wonder if the manufacturer is aware of the issues some the end users experience?
Soap is soap, load the brush and lather it up. It shouldn't be difficult for them to ensure that everyone has the same experience with the same product? . . .I'm now waiting to be shot down in flames! . . .

0F1CDF64-7903-46E4-85A8-B83C5942A83D.jpeg
SOTD: 11/12/2022

Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium, 2nd use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C Unscented Puck
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Scent Oil: HC&C Fresh Spring
Fragrance: Hugo Boss Boss EdC

Probably the best shave I’ve had with the Hone in a long while, the HC&C base is even better when I have a longer Sunday morning to spend some extra time lathering it up.
I’m probably in the minority to have never tried Creed or any dupe but the scent was amazing and strong and I enjoyed it as I have done with all of HC&C soaps so far.
Enjoy the rest of your day guys.

11/12/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #1
Soap - OSP No. 8
Razor - Blackland ERA L3
Blade - Kai DE Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - OSP No. 8
Wk 50 (2).JPG
Another super-smooth comfortable shave this morning.
Its getting a bit chilly out there.
Stay safe and enjoy your day.

Back
Top Bottom