Saturday 7th October - Friday 13rd October 2023

Satanfriendly

Supporter
Supporter
LeJog 2022 Finisher
My first entry for this new week of SOTD's and Mr.P.Fox, I have finally beaten you to the first entry for this week, period. Hence this one is awarded the theme, 'Beating foxes'

Must get this one in quickly before I am demoted as Mr.P.Olive wakes up and realises his given duty is about to change guard.

20231006_091154.jpg

Foxy razor - Occams Enoch
Mr Fox the blade - Schick Proline
Basil Fox - Highlander TSR LE 2023
Creaming foxes - ADP Collezione Barbierre
Fuxy lady - me L'Occitane Cade balm

'And the Dutch foxy ladies formation hugging team danced in delight at defeat of the Big Bad Fox'

Was it a good shave? Too damn right

And some foxy Japanese ladies? What else would you expect?....

Sat 7
Soap & Aftershave Tabac & Clubman Whiskey Woods
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Wade & Butcher 13/16 Wedge
This is a marvelous soap and used only for Oct. Super rich, creamy & slick lather whip-up by the excellent brush. The splash is just awesome! Missed using a straight razor for 2 weeks and this shave was sooo satisfying! The razor, refreshed on HBA and stropped on the roo leather performs much better. Smoother and a keener edge. Enjoyed 3passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20231007_131406.jpg

SOTD: 7th October 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.

Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Gillette Senstive Original Scent Shave Foam. (Green)
Razor: Parker 24C. (Face) - Gillette London Bridge. (D1)
Razor: Gillette Guard. (Head) (D3)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Boots Freshwood ASL + ASB

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend....Carrying on for another week using the Gillette Shave Foam...in my previous weeks shaves I used the the Gillette Original Scent Shave Foam (Red) this week I've used the sensitive (Green) which I didn't notice any real difference in the same shaving performance as the (red). The only slight difference is the scent of the (green) can which to my nose has a light musky/sandalwood fragrance. What was important was the foam mixed up into an acceptable slick protective lather. The foam comes to life with the addition of the added water and bowl lathering.

It's been a while since I've last used the parker 24C which is very smooth & comfortable to use I like the long hefty grippy handle... The only differences between the 24C are is the FG is slightly more efficient than the 24C and found you have to apply a steeper shaving angle with the 24C like all my parker DE razors.

An enjoyable comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Boots Freshwood ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Saturday 7th October
InjecTR 3D - Schick Plus Platinum #5 - Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Speick - Cien Aqua AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20231004-213554-01.jpg

7 October

Barrister’s Reserve Fern
PAA Peregrino
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

F6B0A007-97B0-4285-92AB-1F53DF0D4160.jpeg
A brush that has been neglected since the addition of the Omega 48, but today it got a chance to shine with the B&M soap and it did. An excellent two passes and another top performance with the Feather razor.

SOTD 07-Oct
20231006_151658-01.jpeg
Brush: MOAR Boar
Soap: SSC Oro Valley
Razor: Frederick Reynolds Swayback

Cracking chilled shave this morning, this is my favourite straight followed closely by the Friodur 17. We'll see whether that changes in a few months when the new one is made.

Oro Valley for the second day, love it though with luck the splash arrives at rasoigoodfellas at some point.

Hope everyone has a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 07/10/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 SE, 4th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Crema Pre Barba con Olio Di Sandalo Cream
Soap: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Cream
Aftershave: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a nice weekend!

New week, new razor and new blade

20231007_114055.jpg

Preshave - Wright's Traditional Soap
Razor - Rockwell 6S (Plate 5)
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue
Brush - Highlander TSR LE 2023 (Walnut and Boar)
Lather - Proraso Red
Splash - Boots Freshwood

Been having a go at bowl lathering, just for a change and to see what I'm missing. Still think it's messier and gives my bristles less of a workout. :)

20231007_115324.jpg

Very nice shave though. 40 hours' growth done in two passes with no irritation, nicks or discomfort.

20231007_114226.jpg

20231007_121358.jpg

The 6S really is a very consistent razor.

Sat 7th October

Aleppo soap - Shave pre-wash
Stirling Syn 26mm
L'Occitane Cade soap
Hiram Commander - No2 plate
Schick Proline [ 1 ]

An away for the Weekend Shave , and currently not in a regular rotation so chose The Hirem Commander. Despite its large size and weight, once in the hand it is a pleasure to use. I actually got it to replace a King Cobra, and for me was a good decision, as usual shave time was quick yet a nice close all round finish was attained.

IMG_0208.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom