Saturday 7th October - Friday 13rd October 2023

Sunday 8th October

ADCreHdYs-9zcTDqgs82OZ7dA1ImRd_IsLC2sC0EycnA_gB5lTZ3AyG4xaXFU3KzVm8dkHCBoIBRIuW1nBfMwSw0Ht0ZzHBWrKIhthi3WNv71kNm7vHE28Gk87mXiwPzr8YNjmB7wKayv_18vt5Z_DIMngEJxg=w800

Gillette Original Shaving Foam
Leaf Twig & Derby Premium (2)
Brut Splash-On (as Aftershave)

SOTD Sunday 8th October

1C51B7CD-7D77-4881-954B-4737389249AD.jpeg

Pre - Imperial Leather soap

Bowl - glass
Cream - Palmolive
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 22 mm
Razor - Merkur 34C
Blade - Derby Extra (2)

Post - cold rinse, alum, Superdrug Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea Sensitive ASB, Hidden Code Sport EDT

Favourite razor, blade, brush, cream and balm. Excellent 2 pass comfortable, neat shave. No pain, plenty of gain!

And as my final entry for this day of SOTD's (also notable as being my only entry for this day), those SHITT people have stated that this shave must be themed, 'The curse of the Werebrush'. And so it is

20231007_183422.jpg

Weir razor - Stainless Mongoose
Weer blade - Schick Proline
Werebrush - Highlander LFC
Where's the soap - MDC Fougere
We're soft - L'Occitane Cade balm

'You try shaving this bloody lot! As for effing toothbrushes!'

What a difference a blade makes. Is that a song? I have rather taken to these Proline blades recently as they just seem so smooth and efficient. The total polar opposite to myself. So a new blade being due, it just had to be.
'Yes, I bloody know'

Smooth, efficient? Indeed it was

It appears that my LFC brush carries a curse with it. Every time I use it; Liverpool either get beat or they draw. This evening Jurgen called asking me not to use it next weekend as it is the Derby and it could get rather embarrassing. It shall be my blue brush in that case.

A smashing shave and top notch

You missed out on those puffyshoes last Friday due to work, to which I do apologise. To make up for your loss, here they are...

20231008_175807.jpg
Where is the razor - Stainless Mongoose
Wear the blade - Schick Proline
Weer's me brush? - PAA Pelegrino
Weresoap - MDC Rose
We're all soft - Simple moisturiser

'Size 8 size 13, size 13 and back to size 8, size 8 and.........sandals!'

Another great showing from the Goose and the Schick. It appears the Pelegrino is cleansed. So impressed on to Conaughts and a tuck of Prolines ordered with another of Titan Milds for good measure.

And for good measure another dose of those damn fine puffyshoes girlies. All because I love you all.....

SOTN (Head & Face)

Face - Yaqi Remus AC razor, Chicago Grooming Co. Smoke on the Water (soap & splash), Feather Pro blade
Head - Leaf razor, Bodyshop Macca Root cream, Treet Platinum saloon blades
Alpha Outlaw brush (G5C knot)
Nivea Fresh Kick post shave balm

Third shave with this razor and honestly each time it's just gotten better and better. Still playing around with my technique a little as a couple of spots are proving difficult to get to with the width of the razor head/blade, but I love how nimble and manoeuvrable it is - definitely a keeper.

1000006754.jpg

SOTD 09-Oct
20231008_153539.jpg
Brush: MOAR Boar (9)
Soap: A&E Tobacco Road
Razor: CG Everyday
Blade: Wizamet (1)

The brush has been developing well, considering the density it actually has a little splay, but maintains its backbone and the tips have been softening nicely.

Didn't have a mass of growth after yesterday's so opted for a milder razor today, though still fairly efficient. Only a little bit of buffing and left with nice smooth finish.

Hope everyone has a good kick off to the week.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 09/10/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 SE, 6th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Crema Pre Barba con Olio Di Sandalo Cream
Soap: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Cream
Aftershave: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a great day, folks!

9 October

Wickham 1912 Club Cola
Simpson Duke 3
Gillette Adjustable E4
Kai Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

E72E6C11-83D6-402B-8DAE-C5E8E0AC248B.jpeg
A very pleasant and characterful two pass shave with the Fatboy this morning. The Gillette razor worked really well with a Kai blade, I don’t think I’ve used this combination before.
On the subject of character I realised after yesterday’s shave that my Omega 48 has a great deal of character and the PAA Peregrino had virtually none. The Omega in spite, or, perhaps because of its frustrations, is way more fun to use. The Peregrino goes back to the “reserve” drawer.

Back
Top Bottom