Shave of the Day w/c Saturday 20th March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damian Murphy said:
Pig Cat said:
Then I thought I'd have a go shaving with no prep and no lather. Here is my SOTD:

I almost snorted some of my drink out my nose when I read that . Sorry about your face PC.

No worries, it was my own fault. It's calming down now. I have to say that I have a lovely smooth face. I wonder if the lather actually cushions enough to prevent getting really close? In a way I'm pleased I did it.

IanM said:
soapalchemist said:
Surely if this was 'another place' Joe McLaine and IanM would have been BANNED! :shock: :eek: :shock:

I suspect that there may be a bit of tutting and head-shaking going on, but at least there hasn't been any negative comments or warnings about what it'll do to my face.

I did a fairly comprehensive Mach 3 test over on shavemyface, and it definitely got up some people's noses, but a ban was never even close :)

Ian

Only joking IanM.....and it wasn't shavemyface I was thinking of. I think your face will survive, millions of others have, not to mention legs.......

The fishing I enjoy the most is in small mountain trout streams. Boulder hopping and short casts to small pools. Close up fishing and fish you have to work hard to not spook. While mountain trout in these small streams don’t grow large, they are always hungry. It was not uncommon to catch and release 30 Brook Trout in an afternoon on the Rapidan.

This is my mountain trout rig. An Orvis Battenkill Mark III by Hardy and an Orvis 7 ½ ‘ graphite Tippet model 3 weight rod. It appears I could have cleaned it up better, there are trout scales on the handle.

I learned mountain trout fishing from my mentor, Harry Murray, on the Rapidan River located in the Shenandoah National Park in Virginia. What I learned there transfers well to the small, fast, mountain streams of the Smokey Mountains. The places author Harry Middleton explored in his book “On the Spine of Time”.

Tonight’s razor is a 5/8ths Trident Cutlery Barber’s King by Wusthof.

Mountaintrout.jpg

soapalchemist said:
Only joking IanM.....and it wasn't shavemyface I was thinking of. I think your face will survive, millions of others have, not to mention legs.......

Well, I'm already banned from B&B. I don't think I lasted 24 hours :lol:

Ian

Wednesday

Merkur 15c OC
Derby Extra (3)
EJ Med Pure
Palmolive Cream

Forest Fresh AS
Nivea ASB

After reading one of Fido's posts I tried a return to a bowl lathering technique after months of face frothing, I'd forgotten how much actual lather can be generated; first class! Thanks for the prompt Fido.

Again, delighted with the shave and the Superdrug Forest Fresh (not Boot's Freshwood, as I mistakenly reported yesterday) is a good long lasting AS and very highly recommended.

Grand!

Wednesday

Bic Sensitive
EJ Best Badger
M&R Shaving Cream*
D.R. Harris Pink a/s

5th shave for the Bic. It feels like it could do more but I'm going to chuck it anyway. I don't have a problem with throwing disposables, as they go into our blue "plastic and metal" recycling wheelie bin.

*I bought the M&R cream from Wilkies when buying the Bics last week. It's okay. Works well, smells a bit Barbershop-ey, and has a bit of menthol in it. 150ml for less than a quid.

Ian

Wednesday

Once more, I used the glorious

TOBS lavender shaving soap (wonderful scent and lather :hungrig )
Simpson Keyhole 2
R89
alum
DRH Milk

TOBS lavender water
Yardley Lavender brillantine (on the remains of what used to be my hair)

Wednesday

Edwin Jagger DE87
Gillette Platinum (7)
Omega 80056
Erasmic Stick (milled into a bowl)
Alum
Witch Hazel
Gillette AB
Boots Freshwood AS

I was going for a cold water shave this morning (should stop reading other forums :oops: ) but as I was pushing the Plat to 7, common sense got to me first. Anyhow new record for me 7 is the most shaves I've had from a blade and this beauty has more left, a DFS+ was had.

Have a nice and pleasant day Gents.

Tony

Wednesday

Merkur 34C
Red Personna (3/4)
Vulfix 404 Bodger
Speick Cream

Alum
Superdrug Forest Fresh AS
Speick ASB

Ok, not the worst and certainly not the best. 3 days since my last shave and it felt like I was trying to shave sandpaper and then it felt like I was shaving with sandpaper.

wednesday

1930's Gillette New (open comb)
ShaveShack Israeli blade (2)
GFT Coconut cream
Alum
Coral/Moisteriser

A DFS. This was my first try with an open comb razor. I've been inspired by Blyth Spirits use. So I found this one on the bay. Swapped over the blade from my R89. I could feel tugging in some areas. But I hadn't had a shower before my shave today. So I'll see tomorrow when things are back to normal for me. So far, I'm liking the OC experience.

Budget Day

To think I considered parting with the European Grey. Not after this. I am so enjoying the brushes. It's a daily delight to inspect the regiment and select a brush for the task in hand. It was Coates Sandalwood today. The brush/cream combo was superb - great lather and so much of it from a small dollop. The Chatswoth and DR Harris competed the line up. Just one niggle - avoid DR Harris dispensers - they just don't perform well for long. I'll replace with a bottle when needed.

Plisson.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom