So what do I do if I cut myself?

Okay so I’m new to the razing community (not a word but it is now!) and as expected I’m cutting myself… problem is I can’t get them to stop bleeding. What is the most effective way to stop it please?
Thankyou!

Simples: Proraso Gel Riparatore:
Works. Just works. Only issue: If you cut yourself badly once a year, the stuff will have dried up by the second time you try to use it.
Then you have to order another one and by the time it arrives, the bleeding has either stopped or you are deceased.
Not very expensive these days, but it used to be 5 quid per tube in them olden days.
Maybe £1.60 per year for one bad cut is worth it?
If you cut yourself frequently... there is nothing better.

Okay so I’m new to the razing community (not a word but it is now!) and as expected I’m cutting myself… problem is I can’t get them to stop bleeding. What is the most effective way to stop it please?
Thankyou!
Out of curiosity what razor / blade are you using.
Some razors are far to aggressive for beginners

I shall have a look but I think I’m ordering a couple of blades from this website so going to chuck a alum block on there and the proraso!

Out of curiosity what razor / blade are you using.
Some razors are far to aggressive for beginners
I’m using the ones which came with my KCG razor blades but I have come from the a multi blade Gilette so getting used to the angle and how to hold it is still proving difficult!

I’m using the ones which came with my KCG razor blades but I have come from the a multi blade Gilette so getting used to the angle and how to hold it is still proving difficult!
Having used multi bladed cartridge razors (that are very forgiving) - I suspect that you are applying close to the same amount of pressure with your DE razor.
The name of the game with DE is to let the weight of the razor do the job - you only need to guide it.
Also, any 'sideways' movement will slice the skin.
After receiving a nasty cut, give it a few days before you shave again.

For small nicks and weepers - Styptic Pencil and I use "Clubman Styptic Pencil - Jumbo" which is the best for me. Works almost instantly (Amazon £5.98p). For larger cuts Proraso Shave Cut Healing Gel (Amazon Prime £1.60p or La Barbiera £3.49p post free).

The original instruction with Gillette razors was "Take it easy" and that's still true today.

All the above is good advice

If the cut isn't too severe simply holding a flannel soaked in very cold water against it can stem the bleeding. Sometimes enough to mean nothing else is needed, sometimes enough to stop it whilst you apply the gel.

All the above is good advice

If the cut isn't too severe simply holding a flannel soaked in very cold water against it can stem the bleeding. Sometimes enough to mean nothing else is needed, sometimes enough to stop it whilst you apply the gel.
My Dad told me a trick they used to use in the Army back in the day. Back then you had a short amount of time to shave in the morning and then had to be straight out on parade - no bleeding allowed !!

So after a shave you filled the bowl with the coldest water you can and you held your breath and held your self face down in the cold water for 30secs or more and just turned your face from side to side slowly - that would stop, staunch and wash away any traces of bleeding.

I have done it and it certainly sorts out small cuts straight away. I think the temperature causes the skin to shrink tight and thats probobly what fixes the small shaving nicks.

Back
Top Bottom