SOTD: Saturday 1 June - Friday 7 June 2024.

SOTD: 4th June 2024.

7.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Moisture Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Palmolive Classic Shave Sticks. (grated)
Blade: Personna PTFE SS Injector. (D2)
Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Setting 4)

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils, 5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Denim Original ASL./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

(Face & Head Shave.)

Another enjoyable close comfortable combined face and head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD: 04/06/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6C, 5 plate
Blade: Feather New Hi-Stainless, 4th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Acqua Di Parma Barbiere Cream
Balm: Acqua di Parma Barbiere Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy your day!

And, as my final entry for this past, past week of SOTD's, I am belatedly happy to present you with the shave themed, 'TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimension In Shaving)'. Having flown back in time to last Friday and recovering my shave for that day.

Why?

Because I know how much you missed those Puffyshoes girls. And additionally, I am useless.

20240531_135232.jpg

Past times - Muhle R89
Past matters - Polsilver Lodz
Past my sell by date - Highlander LE 2023
Past life - Signature Condate
Past memories - Collagen
Pasts the duchy - Floris Limes

'And Mrs Satanfriendly placed the time travelling hat on her head and flew back in time, to punish her husband for his misdemeanours in the future. Not forgetting to have her nails done cheaply while there'

A relatively super shave from last week in preparation for a night of drinking and debauchery with my best friend over from Copenhagen. The debauchery getting rather lost in a wave of alcohol. And who'd want to debase me anyway? I couldn't get any lower.

Really enjoying this new Limes and very fitting for the Condate. Smelling very much like a bottle of Roses Lime juice.

The bit you have been waiting for....

And I love you all. Past, present and in the future

4 June

Signature Soaps Danum
Mühle Classic L
Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather Hi-Stainless
Men’s Grooming Vetiver and Sandalwood balm

4D77E9EA-E87A-40C9-9A71-5B082EB4957A.jpeg
After yesterday’s shave I have some irritation on the lower left side of my neck. I think the hairs grow in all directions here. I decided to not only change the blade but also change the razor to something milder. The EJ with a Feather was an easy choice. The Mühle is a really soft brush and the Signature soap is just brilliant. A really pleasant mild shave with a closer result than yesterday. I think the Tatara too is much better with a Feather blade.

So… I thought I’d try out these freebie blades I got from Connaught and loaded one into my much-loved Timor razor. It felt like it was in the Rockwell 6S on R1 plate. Adjusting the angle of the dangle and it started to tug. I tried my usual two pass and it felt like a third pass was necessary. I broke out the “in case of emergency” DefCon3 Gillette cartridge for another pass and order was restored. It was a bit of a cop out but the result is very good.

And the blades? These pesky little buggers are destined for the naughty step. They may suit some people, but not me.

IMG_0149.jpeg

Tuesday 4th June
Blackland Dart
C&E Sandalwood
Omega bristle
Personna USA

A very effective and efficient combo for a bbs shave. My one issue was with the lather which whilst easily applied tended to dry out quickly on the skin. I’m actually underwhelmed with this particular C&E soap as the scent is also pretty weak.

Have a great day fellas!

IMG_9199.jpeg

I've owned this razor for maybe a decade now and polished it up a handful of times. I don't think I've seen such neat colour transition before. Truly beautiful. I wonder how it'll change as I use it for the week.

Following through on my thought about electrical etching, perhaps the colour on each side is down to how the pegs were attached to the underside of the cap. Slight heat difference in how the weld was made, maybe?
I'm gonna go with random oxidation.

1717500223968.png

I bought this modern razor a couple of years ago and was saving it for a rainy day. Same with the Aspen cologne.

The razor impressed me. It seems well made and has a good finish, and is neither particularly aggressive nor too mild. I wasn't expecting the handle to be so heavy. I guess the EJ DE89 feels hollow and I unconsciously compared it with that.

The bundled blades could have been sharper. I struggled to get even a good finish at the bottom of my neck but elsewhere they were good and they weren't scrapey.

The Aspen is a lot more like a Davidoff Cool Water clone than I was expecting. I thought I'd notice a more pine or astringent smell. This is like CW but not as strong. Lighter, more flowery. I quite like it but it's not one I'll save for best. It'll be a daily driver to spray on without much thought.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: King C. Gillette Three piece
Blade: King C Gillette Blades bundled with three piece razor
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Lather: Palmolive shave stick
Aftershave: Aspen Eau de Cologne

04/06/24
Pre - Dove Original Cream Bar
Brush - Semogue SOC BTS Boar
Soap - Ingrams "Cool" Egyptian
Razor - Blackland ERA L3
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium - Shimmed
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Green
Wk 23 (4).jpg
Oh Man, that was an enjoyable shave, i shimmed the Wizamet between the blade and baseplate, this razor is quite mild on the face then the shim just ups the efficiency. 3 very comfortable passes today helped along by a very refreshing lightly menthol lather from the Egyptian Ingram's, i find it very similar to the vintage Brit version.
Finishing off with a splash of the good old Proraso Green.
Enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom