SOTD: Saturday 10 February - Friday 16 February 2024.

SOTD: 10th February 2024.

i.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Vetiver & Black Pepper Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10066.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Phoenix & Beau Star Noir Shaving Soap.
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated Lab Blue. (D1)
Razor: Merkur 37C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB./Ard Al Zafran Dirham Oud EDP.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

A new shave set up to start the weekend. After the comfortable shaves that I had with my Parker 55SL Semi-Slant razor last month the Merkur 37C, is slightly more assertive than the Parker 55SL, but is my favourite and most reached for out of my three slant razors.

An acceptable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off a with a few small squirts of Ard Al Zafraan Dirham Oud EdP to the pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Today's shave:

rdt240210.jpg

- Grooming Dept. Kölnisch
- DSC "Green Wave" Soft Synthetic
- Mühle Kosmo with ASP blade
- Myrsol Formula C aftershave

It's carnival weekend in parts of Germany, among them the city of Köln (Cologne). :LOL:

Saturday 10 February

Call me a traditionalist (OK, OK, old fart even) but the original Rubberset 400 is way better to use than the modern clone, mainly due to the latter’s heavier weight which makes it a tad more unwieldy than the original. The handle is solid aluminium as against the original hollow aluminium version. Notwithstanding this clearly arguable point, a new blade and the Rex worked through the stubble and 2 passes and pick ups did the bbs job. A dash of Ralph’s Polo Sport and I’m ready for a coffee.
Enjoy the weekend fellas!

IMG_0487.jpeg

10/02/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Valentia
Razor - Blutt BR1 - 0.86
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm
A/S - Signature Soap Valentia
Wk 07 (1).jpg
A very nice shave this morning, all ready for a family gathering in a couple of hours.
Enjoy your day all.

20240209_194031.jpg

Fat February shave & conclusion of my R41 experiment.

My Shave today consisted of...

Prep Proraso preshave balm
Brush Highlander LE2023 Badger.
Soap Mitchell's Wool Fat tallow.
Razors Muhle R41 Grand, R41 the Beast and Raz=r.
Blade Ninja.
Aftershave GFT Spanish Leather.

Been a busy few days of late but the weekend is here woohoo.
As may or may not know I have been running a comparison between my two R41 razors and can conclude that there is a winner of sorts.
The Grande and the beast both shave very every differently but the both end up delivering exactly the same shave for the day.
However the next day is were the razors separate again because the side of my face using the Grande had stubble coming through by 14:00 but the side of the beast was still nice and smooth.
So in short both R41's are excellent and will give you the same shave but the beast is definitely the one to buy if you love the excitement of danger and a slightly longer lasting result.

As always YMMV and most importantly have an amazing day ahead.

Sat 10th February

Aleppo soap - Shave pre wash
Alpha Classic G4 28mm
Stirling Baker St
Occams Oren 3dot plate
Schick Proline ( 1 )
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Am afraid one of the penalties of acquiring so many Razors is that some don’t get used that often. Checking back I found out that I used The Oren in November, which is a shame as it’s a good Razor.
I decided on a blade change, and initially found the Shave quite harsh but eventually settled down. The finished Shave was nice and close all round, but think that perhaps the Kai Pink works better for me in this Razor.

IMG_0937.jpeg

20240210_141824.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Pearl Flexi Open Comb (2/2/1)
Blade: Willys (1)
Brush: That Darn Rob Gold Digger
Soap: Yaqi Lost Treasure
A/S: Yaqi Lost Treasure

The Pearl Flexi open comb was a little too aggressive for me, and left my neck a wee bit tender. The Lost Treasure soap from Yaqi is a spot on dupe of Paco Rabanne 1 million and the performance and post shave feel is excellent.

Back
Top Bottom