SOTD: Saturday 10 - Friday 16 August 2024.

SOTD: 10th August 2024.

5.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush : Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: MWF.
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp (Carbon) Blue pack. (D1)
Razor: Baili BD191.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Paco Rabanne Pour Homme ASL./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

A new eclectic shave set up to start the Weekend...The Kent/MWF as always provided me with a wonderful protective slick lather for the shave leaving an excellent post shave feel.

In addition to my Gillette super speeds clones I've added another two clone razors to my month focus the Baili BD191 & Kanzy K100/Baili BD176 what I like about both of these razors is the 'closed tech type head', the top cap holds the blade firmly reducing blade chatter to minimum with no blade over-hang of the blade ends which are very comfortable to shave with additional protection of catching my ear lobes or under my nose when shaving.

Starting with the Baili BD191 paired up with Treet Dura sharp which made a comfortable efficient duo.

Another close comfortable combined face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Aug 10th
20240810_063851.jpg
Razor - Rose Gold Rockwell 6c R3
Blade - Rapira SS- #2
Soap - Wickhams Shamrock Tweed
Brush - Yaqi Giotto
Post - Lea 3in1 Balm & Wickhams Shamrock Tweed balm
Not much stubble after the shave with the 1914 - so 2 passes sufficed with the ultra smooth Rockwell.
Wickhams does provide a bloody good lather - awesome scent too.
Great, smooth shave today.
Enjoy your weekends all.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves.

Saturday 10 August
In Holland for a few days with family. A bit warmer here than uk and no riots. Brought my FBT, Palmolive stick and travel brush and found a tuck of King Gillette blades here at our daughter’s place. Yet again I have to wonder why I spend money on other much more expensive modern razors when this one is magnificent. Bbs finish in a couple of passes and pick ups with ease. Needs and wants I guess but i really do need to curb my magpie tendency and then reduce my collection.

Have a great weekend fellas!

IMG_0759.jpeg

Today's shave:

rdt240810.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Waves
- Frank Shaving "Blue Amber" 2-Band
- Mühle Rytmo with Sputnik blade
- Pure & Basic Fresh aftershave

:D

1000002420.jpg
SOTD August 10. 2024

Razor - Blackland Blackbird Ti
Blade - Gillette Perma-Sharp
Soap - Truefitt & Hill - Ultimate Comfort shaving cream
Brush - Alpha Outlaw V1 Ti fitted with 29mm Rhodium badger knot
Post - Thayer's Astringent

I received my Blackbird back today that had been flying around visiting fellow TSR members for a while so I was itching to use it and it gave me no surprises, it was a joy to use and left me with a face as smooth as smooth can be, a fantastic razor and a fantastic shave.

Until the next time, take care and enjoy your shaves! :)

Paul.1000002409.png

Last edited:
10/08/24
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Yaqi Coco-cola 22mm Synth
Soap - Martin De Candre Rose
Razor - Edwin Jagger DE86BL
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Lime E45 / Argan oil Balm
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Rose
Wk 33 (1).jpg
I knew i had a few Med Preps lying around.
Enjoy your day all.

10 August

Geo F Trumper Eucris
Simpson Chubby 2
Razorock Hawk v3
Schick Proline P30
Geo F Trumper Eucris skin food

A120BEB3-35D8-470F-B8C8-C9F77F6621BA.jpeg
A super close and comfortable shave today. A lovely lather created by the Chubby with the Sovereign fill. This brush has the same size knot as the T3 Trafalgar but the Chubby has a softer, more luxurious face feel. Odd or expected?

Razor - Rockwell 6S R3
Blade - Gillette Platinum Blue & White
Brush - ES Medium Synthetic
Lather - Extro Donkey Milk (???)

Another untried blade. It behaved impeccably and gave a totally trouble-free close two pass shave. No touch-ups, no irritation. I’m beginning to think you can’t go wrong with the Rockwell, it’s an uncompromising lump of stainless steel. I may try the blade with the EJ next to mix things up a bit.

The soap was OK, but not quite as good as the other samples. Totally almondy, but not as strong as Cella. I’ve tried soaps with all kinds of stuff in it, but donkey milk… I wouldn’t put any on my cornflakes… sorry donkeys!

Must go and attend to tonight’s speciality… a rump-roasting chilli con carne.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

IMG_0242.jpeg

Sat 10th August
Aleppo soap - Shave pre wash
Stirling Syn 26mm
Ach Brito Mogno
Occams Hiram Commander- 2dot plate
Schick Proline ( 2 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

An extremely pleasant Shave with this Occams Razor, glad that I got one that works well. One of those Razors that I often reach for when I won’t a laid back Shave with a decent finish.

IMG_1135.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom