SOTD: Saturday 10 - Friday 16 August 2024.

SOTD: 11/08/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild 20, 3rd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: Martin De Candre Original Puck
Aftershave: Old Spice Original Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy your Sunday!

Sunday 11 August
So, I had left a razor here at my daughter’s place plus some locally obtained stuff, to wit, Wilkinson Classic plastic two piece, De Vergulde Hand soap and brush and Gillette blades.
Simple easy shaving from the Wilki, not quite bbs but definitely dfs. The Classic has been around since the 1970s and would have been designed with cheap no fuss quick shaving for the person on the go in mind. I’m thinking Del Boy in his Yuppee phase, all Filofax and house brick sized “mobile” phone. :ROFLMAO:
Enjoy the day fellas!

IMG_9489.jpeg

Sunday 11th August
1000019303.jpg

Ever Ready NA Featherweight - GEM Stainless #1 - DScosmetic T4 Synthetic - Signature Soaps NTS Coconut - Superdrug Forest Fresh AS - Aloe Vera Gel

Sunday 11 August
So, I had left a razor here at my daughter’s place plus some locally obtained stuff, to wit, Wilkinson Classic plastic two piece, De Vergulde Hand soap and brush and Gillette blades.
Simple easy shaving from the Wilki, not quite bbs but definitely dfs. The Classic has been around since the 1970s and would have been designed with cheap no fuss quick shaving for the person on the go in mind. I’m thinking Del Boy in his Yuppee phase, all Filofax and house brick sized “mobile” phone. :ROFLMAO:
Enjoy the day fellas!

View attachment 123797
For the money it costs it's a quality razor, I intend to buy a couple more as backups as I am not too sure how long the plastic post will last.
I was enabled on here to try it out and was more than happy with it.

DSC01535 - Copy.JPG
A Boots themed SOTD

Pre - Boots sensitive shave oil
Brush - Boots pure badger
Soap - Boots Original Shave Soap
Razor - Wilkinson Sword Classic
Blade - Boots own brand (Made in Germany)
Post - Boots Tea tree & witch hazel toner
A/Shave - Boots Freshwood
A/Shave Balm - Boots Freshwood

Todays shave is a nod to the wife, who has just clocked up 30 years working for Boots.

Everything used is Boots except the razor, which qualifies as it was bought from Boots back in the day! This was also my very first DE razor, which to be honest I never liked at the time. But having fished it out of one of my old boxes of shaving gear....... I have to admit it was a very pleasent surprise to get such a decent shave out of it, even if the blades can be a bit hit or miss.

Just a Heads-up about the Freshwood aftershave and aftershave balm. The Mrs is under the impression that these are going to be discontinued, if not already. So if anyone wants to stock up or try it for the first time, its probably a case of now or never!

The soap, the cream and the shave stick have seemingly long gone, which is a pity as nearly all of the Boots own brand stuff were cheap but good quality wet shaving staples. (ymmv)

Oh well........ Vive le rabbit hole!!

Sunday 11 August
Enjoy the day fellas!

View attachment 123797
Betting Bbc GIF

When casandra drops Rodney off at the kings road - and he goes to get her number from dels Filofax… but he threw it down the rubbish shoot after he lost the bet LOL.

Never fails to make me smile Al

A&E ‘L’Orange Verte’
Wildwest Brushworks Synbad
Timeless .68OC dimpled handle
Feather Hi-Stainless #1
Osma alum
A&E AS

A close shave but a rash of weepers on my chin sorted with the alum block, I don’t get on with the Feather DE’s. Finished off with the orange scented aftershave before heading out for lunch with family. Have a relaxing day folks.

View attachment 123798
A Boots themed SOTD

Pre - Boots sensitive shave oil
Brush - Boots pure badger
Soap - Boots Original Shave Soap
Razor - Wilkinson Sword Classic
Blade - Boots own brand (Made in Germany)
Post - Boots Tea tree & witch hazel toner
A/Shave - Boots Freshwood
A/Shave Balm - Boots Freshwood

Todays shave is a nod to the wife, who has just clocked up 30 years working for Boots.

Everything used is Boots except the razor, which qualifies as it was bought from Boots back in the day! This was also my very first DE razor, which to be honest I never liked at the time. But having fished it out of one of my old boxes of shaving gear....... I have to admit it was a very pleasent surprise to get such a decent shave out of it, even if the blades can be a bit hit or miss.

Just a Heads-up about the Freshwood aftershave and aftershave balm. The Mrs is under the impression that these are going to be discontinued, if not already. So if anyone wants to stock up or try it for the first time, its probably a case of now or never!

The soap, the cream and the shave stick have seemingly long gone, which is a pity as nearly all of the Boots own brand stuff were cheap but good quality wet shaving staples. (ymmv)

Oh well........ Vive le rabbit hole!!
Great post and thanks for the heads up about the Freshwood, I use the aftershave and moisturiser. I have some preshave oil but I'm trying to use it up to make space.
Ps please congratulate the wife for clocking up 30 years.

Back
Top Bottom