SOTD: Saturday 12 August - Friday 18 August 2023.

7FEE34CC-9F87-454B-9787-D5C5ECD69F23.JPG

Another forum I'm in is doing a 'Tiger' week, so I'm rolling with the Tiger Platinum. It's just one of those rock-solid, upper-middle-tier blades that does the job with minimal fuss. They don't do anything better than some blades I can get for the same cost or cheaper, so I don't have many of them and probably never will. Not bad blades for my face, though.

The Fresher is growing on me. It's a hard-to-describe scent for me ... muted citrus with some 'green' hints. It may never be an absolute favorite, but it certainly isn't bad at all. Being Stirling, the lather is easy to make and predictable to use. It has all the 'goodies' I like so I am happy.

I finished off with ( new to me ) Clubman Lime Sec. Lovely scent, and my face likes it but absolutely no legs with lasting power, which is typical of many lime scents. I still like it, and it matches well with the Fresher.

Pictured, but not actually used is a hunk of Aleppo soap I typically use as a pre-shave. Was in a hurry this morning, so didn't actually apply it.

Last edited:
Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock yellows (1)
Brush: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green) -Synthetic
S Cream: ES – Fragrance Free

A lovely shave. No unknowns! Same razor, brush blade and software as many times before. It does not mean the shave was not enjoyable.
Talking about unknowns, if you're wondering where the etched coordinates on the handle will take you, I've done the work :)

SOTD.jpg

IMG_2577.jpeg
SOTD: 16/08/2023

Razor: Yaqi Slope
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 2nd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Lothur Oregon Croap
Aftershave: Lothur Oregon Aftershave

Back with the kindly loaned Slope today after my time with the Titan passaround. It too have a lovely shave that I found more successful than the first time I used it. However the odd feeling using it remained, despite it offering nothing but a smooth shave and not as much as a nick! I’m still not sure I’m getting the ‘angle’ correct but I guess they are supposed to feel different!

Wednesday 16th August

AIL4fc8cxrMM2kmmn0G4xIvBO-PIUfN2Si0HU0GrLbDPgehD11JRmDahOFjd_TtT05Wwg7BSrzVTACu8RpsLLH-l-t7uYCJ7UkVRCkxbZed8jHlraKbwCH3TFpY6TUyw_qkyNFNLN16Xf7zr3Em2RQjPHM1KSw=w800

Mitchell's Wool Fat (Veg) Shaving Soap & Omega 11137 Pure Bristle
Muhle Rocca Stainless & Treet DuraSharp (Carbon) (3)
Imperial Leather Classic (Vintage) Aftershave

Same again.

SOTD: 17th August 2023.

8.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body+Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather: Geo F. Trumper Violet Shaving Cream.
Blade:Voskhod Teflon Coated. (D2)
Razor: SNMIRN Adjustable. (settings) 4-wtg,8-atg,+pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Blue Stratos ASL./ Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

Another close comfortable shave to finish my shaving week off wonderfully...The SNMIRN Adjustable has performed superbly throughout the week with no issues.

It's been a while since i last used The G F. Trumper Violet shaving cream and forgot how much i really like it's unique scent only a small amount is needed to create a excellent lather for the full shave leaving a superb post shave feel.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD: 17/08/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Artist Club Professional (SE), 9th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Muhle Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Wood & Spice Cream
Soap: Proraso Wood & Spice Cream
Balm: Proraso Wood & Spice Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Another forum I’m in is having a SOTD ‘cream week‘, so I used the best cream soap I know: Proraso’s ‘yellow brigade’… Got a ***** shave with it. Enjoy yours, gents.

Back
Top Bottom