SOTD: Saturday 12 August - Friday 18 August 2023.

Thursday 17 August
I decided to give the B-20 injector blade another whirl, its 6th consecutive. Staying with Schick, naturally :) I pulled out an E2, made in Canada. Different versions, E1 to E5 were made from 1935 to 1945 but the E2 is the only model that has a round spring with flaps that swings to the left to open for cleaning. It’s also possible to instal a blade this way but care is needed to avoid shortening your fingers:eek:
ToBS Sandalwood cream has a wonderful scent and lathered easily with another vintage mini brush, re knotted synthetic.
The usual 2 passes plus pick ups gave an acceptable finish but the blade had definitely reached its end of life. Still 6 very passable shaves is not bad.
Splash of old spice and ready for the day I am.
Enjoy your day fellas!

IMG_0235.jpeg

17/08/23
Pre - Shower
Brush - Vintage Vulfix service #3 Pure Bristle 1950's
Soap - Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable H3 "Travel"
Blade - Vintage Perma-sharp Supreme
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Lotion
A/S - Avon Siege Cannon " Spicy"
Wk 33 (6).jpg
Another cracker plus i still have enough cream left for another shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

20230817_145702.jpg

Preshave - Wright's Traditional Soap
Razor - ES Outlaw
Blade - Big Ben
Brush - Omega Boar
Lather - Cup Of Leftovers
Splash - Brut

20230817_145443.jpg

This was as good as a shave gets for me. 2 passes, super smooth, very comfortable and ni sting from the Brut.

I have have that lovely "haven't just shaved" feeling, where although there's no stubble there's no feeling that a blade has just been over my skin.

Brut is a very, very good AS at a stupidly low price.

10/10

b39e748a-655d-41ff-bdbe-78c15532f1aa-jpg.1703622

DSCosmetic T7SE
Tiger Platinum (3)
Rubab Leopard Brush ( synthetic ... no leopard were harmed in the manufacture of this brush )
Lea Shave Stick
Gillette Cool Wave AS ( not pictured )
DFS+/BBS-

The wife and I were trying to get ready at the same time so I kept it simple and quick. Showered, wet brush, applied Lea, face lathered, three passes, applied AS, and done. If I had down a little buffing this would have been an easy BBS+. I didn't quite get a strip at the line of my jaw that usually takes a little skin stretching to take down 100% so it isn't perfect. Everything else is great. The Tiger did good work in what is an extremely mild razor for me.

20230817_170040-01.jpeg
My Shave today consisted of...

Brush Highlander White synthetic brush
Soap Zingari Man Mousse Illuminee Rogue.
Razor Stainless Steel Mongoose.
Blade Feather Pro and Derby Tokai Premium for my Leaf.
Aftershave Mousse Illuminee Rogue EDT.

Magnificent shave today from my Mongoose and the Leaf razor really did perform the best it ever has with the smoothest closest head shave I have ever had.
Those Derby Tokai blades are brilliant.
I finished my shave with a splash of luxury from my brand new EDT and it must be good because the wife keeps winking at me.
Have an amazing night/day ahead folks.

Back
Top Bottom