SOTD : Saturday 12th June to Friday 18th June 2021.

15/6/21

Soap - Lea Professional Cream
Brush - Zenith Euro X
Razor - Gillette Flat Bottom New OC
Blade - Gillette Nacet (4)
Post - Lea 0%
AS - Old Spice

My Zenith Euro X now that it has fully broken in, if soaked for a little too long can turn into a floppy mop, as it was today and it was a little tricky to build a lather with, seemed to take more shaving cream than usual.

Nonetheless it was a good lather and the combination of New OC and Nacet, is one of the best blade and razor combinations I've stumbled upon, I didn't have even the slightest post shave alcohol burn, and my face is delightfully smooth.

Even if the Nacet is a common place blade which can be bought for a good price, I think it's one of the best blades on the market.

This morning I shaved with Boots shaving soap in a Boots pot...

OK, so I sort of cheated here...but in an honest way:rolleyes::sneaky: I can't find Boots shaving soap in a bowl...it appears that they now only sell Wilkinson's Sword branded stuff (maybe the same thing anyway)...but they do sell Boots branded shaving sticks. So...I got a few of those and after some slicing and dicing, I filled one of my vintage ceramic Boots pots with the stuff...hence Boots soap in a Boots pot!(y)

P1000454.JPG

The shave itself? Well, I tried shaving with one the sticks in the usual way a couple of days ago. OK, but not a great experience. The smell of this stuff is excellent...a really traditional shaving scent that I was overwhelmingly pleased with. It also lathered really well and the lather didn't seem to dissipate quickly. However, I did find it a little 'thin'...not good in terms of cushion, and a little more blade feel than I like.

The day after, I shaved with my newly hacked bowl and got to work with my PAA Starcraft brush. Again a really great lather and I purposefully gave it some oomph...going to town on massaging it in for quite a while before shaving. This was better and I had a very happy shaving experience...particularly as I've been wanting to get actual Boots branded soap in this bowl for ages!

I used my preferred combo of EJDE89 and Nacet blade on a RazoRock titanium handle and followed it up with a splash of Shulton vintage Old Spice. Overall, a very pleasant morning shave.

Boots1.jpg
Enjoy the rest of the week all ;) :) (y)

200504791_2339520972847415_3263169019126211988_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Baxter's facial scrub
Soap: Extro Cosmesi Legno di Rosa
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: Edward x Jacob "Janus" Razor w/Barber Pole Handle
Blade: Voskhod (2)

Today's shave was helped by the slickness and cushioning of the soap - lovely Summer scent too. I'm not one for exfoliating and the like (six months ago I wasn't one for scented shavings soaps, balms ASL etc. either though :LOL:) but the Baxter is a brilliant product. Feeling after application is great. However I can see the scent being a divider as it's up there with the best of the almond offerings :oops: Ben Macdui paired well with the rosewood, and the Baxter left no discernible smell after rinsing off.
I still don't know what to make of the razor. After comparing the head to the Merkur 34C and Parker Interceptor it's clear the blade exposure is significantly more, and it doesn't feel good enough quality to cope. Maybe it's me, and I'm just more suited to a milder razor:unsure: I'll give it one more run with a different blade, then repurpose the handle with a Tech I think.

Last edited:
15/06/21
Pre: Shower, Cold water Face Rinse
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin
Soap: Signature Soap Hibernian
Razor: Pearl Flexi Adjustable #3, #2.5
Blade: Astra SP (4)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
Wk24 (4).JPG
Shave #4 for this Astra SP and it is still going strong.
A really nice citrus scented slick, shiny lather again for todays shave.
With the Pearl set on #3 I completed a very smooth WTG pass, then dialed down the razor to #2.5 for the XTG pass which was mostly smooth and comfortable, it must be my angle as it cannot be the razor/blade but the cheeks did feel a bit irritated again? I left it on #2.5 for a nice smooth, comfortable ATG pass.
Done and BBS.
A nice post shave with the Barts Lime and 4711 complimenting the soap. All very nice.
Tomorrow i am going again with the Astra, i will use shorter strokes for the XTG pass on the cheeks to see if that helps.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

oday’s shave, after a warm shower.

Soap. …….. MDC Original (sample)
Brush. ……. Paladin Harlequin Chief
Razor …….. Ikon b1 oss/ windrose ss handle
Blade …….. Gillette thin

Post ………. Alum
49CF118C-B2CB-4B38-9113-D79B24A99155.jpeg

Hot/cold rinse
Asb. ………. Baxters
ASL. ……… Floid

A nice comfortable shave with no errors .. Happy
Stay safe, keep smiling :)

Tuesday Shave

Preshave: Argan Oil Soap
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
Brush: 28 mm Shavemac Cashmere
Razor: Koraat 14 :love::love::love:
Spalsh: Hega Original
Balm: Eau des Baux After-Shave Balm
EDT: ADP Mirra

I really look forward to seeing your absolutely beautiful straight razors every day...just awesome!! I love to shave with a straight but...well, I just enjoy seeing yours very much...thanks!!

dkpwatson64_1623685964.jpg

I have been dog sitting for the last couple of days, and while he’s been a delight, it will also be good to return to normal. But before I handed him back to his hooman, I had to be clean shaven.

This is a tried, tested and enjoyed setup, especially for a morning shower shave. The mild Giesen & Forsthoff Timor 1353 combined really well with the smooth Personna Israeli Crystal. The TOBS grapefruit is many people's’ favourite and rightly so. It’s such a fresh scent and this time I’m matched it with the Captain’s Choice Lime Balm, which is also a great citrus scent.

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves!

Razor: Giesen & Forsthoff Timor 1353
Blade: Israeli Crystal (1)
Soap: TOBS Grapefruit
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: Captain’s Choice Lime Balm
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper

Frank - a lovely teckel - sadly now back at his real home.

dkpwatson64_1623682467.jpg

Prep: Shower with Baxter’s of California Daily face wash.

Pre: PAA cube

Soap: Roam from Barrister and Mann

Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia.

Razor: Rockwell Mode T

Blade: Polsilver

Post: Alum, Proraso protective aftershave balm, Paco Rabanne 1million.
My second day attempting a cold shave and my best days shave with the Model T. I’m beginning to think any issues I had were down to me being hot and my pores being worse in the hot weather as it’s been as gentle as a kitten today!
I didn’t think I’d like the Roam but it was an amazing scent and lather! Another to add to the acquisition list!

Attachments

• A07EC1D6-E043-4587-B626-B598BDB9B792.jpeg
    A07EC1D6-E043-4587-B626-B598BDB9B792.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom