SOTD : Saturday 12th June to Friday 18th June 2021.

View attachment 71745

I have been dog sitting for the last couple of days, and while he’s been a delight, it will also be good to return to normal. But before I handed him back to his hooman, I had to be clean shaven.

This is a tried, tested and enjoyed setup, especially for a morning shower shave. The mild Giesen & Forsthoff Timor 1353 combined really well with the smooth Personna Israeli Crystal. The TOBS grapefruit is many people's’ favourite and rightly so. It’s such a fresh scent and this time I’m matched it with the Captain’s Choice Lime Balm, which is also a great citrus scent.

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves!

Razor: Giesen & Forsthoff Timor 1353
Blade: Israeli Crystal (1)
Soap: TOBS Grapefruit
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: Captain’s Choice Lime Balm
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper

Frank - a lovely teckel - sadly now back at his real home.

View attachment 71746
20200127_210033.jpg

Mine

View attachment 71745

I have been dog sitting for the last couple of days, and while he’s been a delight, it will also be good to return to normal. But before I handed him back to his hooman, I had to be clean shaven.

This is a tried, tested and enjoyed setup, especially for a morning shower shave. The mild Giesen & Forsthoff Timor 1353 combined really well with the smooth Personna Israeli Crystal. The TOBS grapefruit is many people's’ favourite and rightly so. It’s such a fresh scent and this time I’m matched it with the Captain’s Choice Lime Balm, which is also a great citrus scent.

View attachment 71746
Given what dachshund means in German - an entirely appropriate dog for a wet-shaver to be looking after.:) - I.

View attachment 71745

View attachment 71746
Adorable :)

Paul.

Tuesday AM 2021-06-15
National Fly a Kite Day
Wa7T31G.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Ivory Finest (24/58)
Eufros Fougère shaving soap (tallow)
Haircut & Shave P076-SB Copper/H&S Black
Gillette Stainless Steel 'Spoiler' (3)
Gucci pour Homme aftershave

The Eufros soap made quite good but not great lather, and it has a muddy fern scent with a metallic tone, somewhat like that of modern Penhaligon's English Fern. It also seemed to have just a slight touch of menthol. The H&S copper head is for me the smoothest of their heads, but even in it the Spoiler is a bit rough; I'm glad this is my last of those blades. The Gucci aftershave was peppery and leathery but soothing; I like it.
BuxXH0g.jpg

Yes. It is true. All I could think about was, Britt Ekland, when I was trying to dream up some shit theme for this shave. So I have themed it 'Oh Britt please come back'

IMG_20210615_200719.jpg

No no no. Wrong Brit

The man with the golden gun - Brass Colonial General
The wicker man - Feather Super Professional
Cuatro Balazos - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Erotic images - Penhaligon's Bayolea
Satan's mistress (I'll have some of that thank you) - Penhaligon's Bayolea splash

A most wonderful of shaves with the Brass General and a super professional on its last legs. Which rather surprised me as I was sure it was going to be a badger's bottom evening. But it hung in and did a most sterling job. Oh how much I love the Brass and such a consistent performer. Another one of those impossible to go wrong razors to join the exclusive 'Can't rip your face club'.

The Penhaligons is always one of those soaps I enjoy using but just don't reach for it enough. Then again I do like to vary life and with a lifetime supply of soaps.......... The amazing 30mm Jagger Cashmere just does what it does in an amazing manner. Amazing.

The Bayolea splash is an odd one. I love the scent of the soap, love the scent of the splash, but a recent test of the EDC and I found it just too overwhelming. Perhaps I am just a watered down type of man.

So happy sink time and a happy man at this end. A real face feeler slapper of a shave.

Smooth enough you bastard?

Ah well. On the subject of a violent end to my SOTD have some of those Otoboke Beaver girls and more face slapping gestures from one you have seen before. But hey, what a super short video and some real kick ass music

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom