SOTD: Saturday 13 April - Friday 19 April 2024.

B9710725-0DC6-41E8-B1D9-3295E681B5F2.jpeg

Preshave - Pears Transparent Soap
Razor - Razorine Flatboy
Blade - Perma-Sharp
Brush - Highlander TSR LE Walnut and Boar
Lather - Proraso Red
Splash - Cella

Still not getting shaves as comfortable as I know this razor usually gives. I wonder if this blade just doesn’t suit it. Swapped to a Shark SS for tomorrow.

Extro exploding lather trick, this is how it works for me too. Firstly I get a very airy, bubbly mixture that when worked a little soon turns in to a creamy slippery lather that's hard to beat, and the slickness is good too - especially with Legno Di Rosa (made with donkey milk)
Out of interest, do you bowl lather with Extro?
Hi Paul,
No, I very rarely use a bowl for lathering. It’s usually straight to the face and it thickens up as you work it. When this one is gone I’ll be after some more I do like the Extro soaps.
Mark

Wednesday 17th April

AP1GczMbiFG2esSmbGBi3c3-VD8q2ruP0DeNCG1qh7zmocHZD6QXRw5k9jK25w91R64IqWt4dSLAua6Y05HXbHVQgZE43d8uIdRI83cUFPDKTiXWsV6gQniXDvtWMCS5I7XyM71xU1KozK5xUzwbRqb0y00qAQ=w800

Crabtree & Evelyn Soap for Men (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Shave Factory Pure Bristle
Edwin Jagger DES89 & BIC Chrome Platinum (3)
Imperial Leather Classic (Vintage) Aftershave

April 17, 2024
Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #3
Blade: Astra SS
Brush: Shavemac 24/48 D01 2 Band
Soap: Denton Majik: Unscented (Gamechanger)
Fragrance: New York Intense by Nicolai Parfumeur Createur
1st shave since my chemoradiation treatment.. OMG, that was a real boost for me mentally.
All the best for your treatment, mate! (y)

1000005648-01.jpeg

My Artisinal April Shave today consisted of...
Prep Aleppo soap.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Badger.
Soap Geo F Trumpers Limes.
Razors Leaf & Stando Rod.
Blade Nacet for Leaf & Feather Pro (5)
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier Scandal.

Today's Shave was with My Stando Rod in an attempt to counter act some of the Feather blades roughness, now that it's started to go bad.
I have even swapped out the Rods handle to see how that feels in the hand, further thoughts after a couple more uses.
The blade will be long done by then.
A nice clean shave had and now smelling amazing.
All that's left is to say have a great evening everyone.
Toodles.

Hi Paul,
No, I very rarely use a bowl for lathering. It’s usually straight to the face and it thickens up as you work it. When this one is gone I’ll be after some more I do like the Extro soaps.
Mark
Hi Mark

I'm the same with soaps (and most creams) - face lathering seems to better ready the stubble.
I asked about bowl lathering as all the Extro soaps I have are more like croaps.(Legno Di Rosa being the softest) Swirling a brush on the surface always seems to pick up too much.
Just dabbing the brush tips on soap/croap seems much less wasteful.

I can recommend Legno Di Sandalo. The scent is very nice. The matching Aftershave/EdT splash is really good too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom