SOTD: Saturday 13 April - Friday 19 April 2024.

SOTD: 18th April 2024.

36.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Erasmic Shave Cream.
Blade: KCG. (D2)
Razor: Parker 89R.
Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Denim Original ASL./ Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

A smooth comfortable performance from the Parker 89R to finish my shaving week off wonderfully.

The Erasmic shave cream is another inexpensive shaving cream that doesn't have much of a scent, but makes up for it's performance and post shave feel.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Thu 18
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Haverford
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Razor P Hospital Le Grelot Thiers
Superb lather and together with the matching splash smells wonderfully aromatic!
Superb shave from this razor! Refreshed on the HBA and stropped on the roo leather, the edge was soft buttery smoothness all the way...
20240418_114727.jpg

SOTD: 18/04/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild 20, 11th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Cream
Aftershave: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a nice day!

Southern Witchcraft ‘Desairology’
Cadman - AP Shave Co 24mm SHD
Merkur Futur
Brazilian Gillette #5
Argan Oil

Smashing shave with the soap being a sample from Maggards, the soap is good and slick and provided a great face feel after the shave, the scent is a dark barbershop with florals to the fore back by musk and sandalwood which is quite pleasant, finished with a thin application of argan oil as the day has started with a frost but sunny for the time being. Roll on May!

The head looks great too. A traditional looking shave angle. What’s the gap/exposure, if I may make so bold? And of course, how did it shave? I’ll go away after this, I promise:ROFLMAO:
I’m unsure on the gap, shaves well, very efficient. Smooth WTG but definitely blade feel ATG, very pleased so far, it doesn’t dethrone the La Faulx though. Really well made, lovely weight and size.

I’m unsure on the gap, shaves well, very efficient. Smooth WTG but definitely blade feel ATG, very pleased so far, it doesn’t dethrone the La Faulx though. Really well made, lovely weight and size.
Bidding Season 3 GIF by Gilmore Girls

Coming to a BST near you …… in the next 2 weeks. ;)

What better way to celebrate a new house with a new razor!*
The black handle, gold-coloured metal PAL injectomatic with a trusty Schick Ultra Platinum.
An excellent smooth shave with just one or two nicks and a small spot of irritation.

(*both are just new to me as they've had previous owners)

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: PAL Injectomatic black and gold (1960s)
Blade: Schick Ultra Platinum
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Zingari Socialite
Aftershave: Superdrug Sierran Breeze
IMG_20240418_082647.jpg

Thur 18th April

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Alpha Classic G4 28mm
La Toja stick- grated
RR Hawk V3- A plate
Schick Proline ( 1 )
La Toja A/S Lotion

Spoiled myself again, binned the blade in The Hawk after 5 uses and used a fresh one. An extremely pleasant Shave, a nice close all round finish without any hassle.

IMG_0316.jpeg

18/04/24
Pre - Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Razor - Hone 15S
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Arran soap Co. Machrie
A/S - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Wk 16 (6a).jpg
Well, i was really not expecting that!
The Hone:- a razor i have ummed and ahhed about for years, however, due to the collection standing at around 100 razors and the actual looks of it with the heavy handle i never really had the inclination to push the boat out, then they do a stainless version of it.
Anyway, up one pops on BST courtesy of our great friend Joseph @CunningMrFox at a great price (as it turns out a hard to resist price). Boat launched.
The Hone arrived Quickly and well packed, in immaculate condition as always from Joseph, i was pleasantly surprised holding it in the hand, it is not as ungainly as it looks in pictures, it is quite pleasing to the eye and boy does it carry some weight. The fit tolerances are spot on and i have to admit Josephs hand polish job is pretty darn good too.
Today it was fitted with a new Wiz SI, which is clamped very securely. A chin full of Arran suds and away i went.
The WTG pass was easy, i knew it was cutting as i could feel the stubble popping as i went, it feels mild on the skin although it is very efficient.
The XTG Pass, same again, no real messing around with angle, the stubble just lets you know the razor is doing it job. Smooth.
Finally i did an ATG touch up pass, spot on that, such a close comfortable shave.
Now then, to me the head is a work of art, it looks great and just works, still, i am not sure about the handle as i was sure i would drop it and if i did it would probably go through the sink and into the downstairs kitchen, i need to have a think on that, although I do like to keep razors in their original form.
I do think its a keeper.
Enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
18/04/24
Pre - Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Razor - Hone 15S
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Arran soap Co. Machrie
A/S - Arran soap Co. Machrie
View attachment 119506
Well, i was really not expecting that!
The Hone:- a razor i have ummed and ahhed about for years, however, due to the collection standing at around 100 razors and the actual looks of it with the heavy handle i never really had the inclination to push the boat out, then they do a stainless version of it.
Anyway, up one pops on BST courtesy of our great friend Joseph @CunningMrFox at a great price (as it turns out a hard to resist price). Boat launched.
The Hone arrived Quickly and well packed, in immaculate condition as always from Joseph, i was pleasantly surprised holding it in the hand, it is not as ungainly as it looks in pictures, it is quite pleasing to the eye and boy does it carry some weight. The fit tolerances are spot on and i have to admit Josephs hand polish job is pretty darn good too.
Today it was fitted with a new Wiz SI, which is clamped very securely. A chin full of Arran suds and away i went.
The WTG pass was easy, i knew it was cutting as i could feel the stubble popping as i went, it feels mild on the skin although it is very efficient.
The XTG Pass, same again, no real messing around with angle, the stubble just lets you know the razor is doing it job. Smooth.
Finally i did an ATG touch up pass, spot on that. such a close comfortable shave.
Now then, to me the head is a work of art, it looks great and just works, still, i am not sure about the handle as i was sure i would drop it and if i did it would probably go through the sink and into the downstairs kitchen, i need to have a think on that, although I do like to keep razors in their original form.
I do think its a keeper.
Enjoy your day all.
Thank you for the kindness Tone. Always appreciated my dear friend. Upstanding gentleman and top blighter all round :cool:

Great piece and stands alone from pretty much all else. I think the pils and the hone can stand side by side and you’d appreciate them for their unique nature. When it comes to handles. It will be a struggle mate because Andrew is a master at engineering. He made sure that the fit lines are almost invisible when the razor is put together which I think is half the charm. The other half being the weight.

Sincerest respects as always Tone. J.

star wars film GIF by Vue

0cPRH0r.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club LE 2012 Mixed Badger/Boar
Soap: Boellis Panama 1924
Razor: ATT S1/UFO Tornado
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Bootlegger's Perfecto Maduro Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Boellis Panama 1924 EdT

A fantastic soap that I have used for almost a decade - in my top 3.

Back
Top Bottom