SOTD: Saturday 13 July - Friday 19 July 2024.

SOTD: 13th July 2024.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Moisture Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10066.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Sandalwood Shaving Soap.
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless. (D1)
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Brut ASL with added menthol crystals./Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

A new shave set up to start the weekend. It's been a while since I last used the inexpensive Wilkinson Sword Classic razor which for me is always a pleasure to shave with.

The two-piece design of the razor makes it easy to load the blade, covering the full blade with no exposure of the blade edges a brilliant safety feature especially for shaving sensitive areas without the risk of getting cuts & nicks from the blade ends which was a great bonus for me when i first introduced myself to the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving.

Another Great razor & blade duo. The Feather gives the mild WS classic a biting efficient edge mowing through my face & head stubble using short strokes with effortless ease.

The Proraso Sandalwood Soap isn't exactly a Summer scent but I use shaving soaps & creams what ever the season. Like all the other Proraso Soaps and creams it provides me with a slick protective lather for the shave leaving a equally good post shave feel.

Another close comfortable efficient combined face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

13 July

Martin de Candre Original
Simpson Chubby 2
Razorock Hawk v3
Schick Proline
Village Barber balm

B693E55B-6F0D-4A2B-8392-D6423436E895.jpeg
A first class shave this morning with some first class products. A truly fabulous lather and two smooth, comfortable and close passes with the stainless steel Hawk. A great start to my weekend.

Today's shave:

rdt240713.jpg

- Pinnacle Grooming Ottoman
- Blackland Signature Red Synthetic Black
- Mühle Rytmo with Sputnik blade
- Speick aftershave lotion

:D

Best shave I've had with this razor so far (seventh shave across various blades). I let the stubble grow a day longer than usual and used pre-shave to help. Little irritation and a pretty close shave.

Finished up a bottle of Forest Fresh. Trying to get a few things finished up over the rest of the year so I can have a blow out at Xmas.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: RazoRock Hawk V2
Blade: Feather Professional
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Pre-Shave: Aqueous Cream
Lather: Nanny's Cream of the Croap Moroccan Sands
Aftershave: Superdrug Forest Fresh

SOTD: 13/07/2024

Razor: Above The Tie SE1
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 SE, 6th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Cream
Aftershave: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy the weekend!

SOTD: 13th July 2024.

View attachment 122637

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Moisture Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10066.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Sandalwood Shaving Soap.
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless. (D1)
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Brut ASL with added menthol crystals./Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

A new shave set up to start the weekend. It's been a while since I last used the inexpensive Wilkinson Sword Classic razor which for me is always a pleasure to shave with.

The two-piece design of the razor makes it easy to load the blade, covering the full blade with no exposure of the blade edges a brilliant safety feature especially for shaving sensitive areas without the risk of getting cuts & nicks from the blade ends which was a great bonus for me when i first introduced myself to the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving.

Another Great razor & blade duo. The Feather gives the mild WS classic a biting efficient edge mowing through my face & head stubble using short strokes with effortless ease.

The Proraso Sandalwood Soap isn't exactly a Summer scent but I use shaving soaps & creams what ever the season. Like all the other Proraso Soaps and creams it provides me with a slick protective lather for the shave leaving a equally good post shave feel.

Another close comfortable efficient combined face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
Those Wilkinson classic razors are very underrated. I stupidly let mine go and can’t find another anywhere. I live and learn!

Those Wilkinson classic razors are very underrated. I stupidly let mine go and can’t find another anywhere. I live and learn!
You are right the WS Classic razor are underrated, fitted with the right blade choice they perform superbly.

Something of interest. https://www.notino.co.uk/wilkinson-sword/classic/p-533713/?msclkid=97e3bb5f535a1d5d0e55ddcd04ca2843&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=0| PLA (All)&utm_term=4575411502754911&utm_content=All
Regards- B.

PXL_20240713_080826425~4.jpg
I had two days of growth to shave so I brought out the R41 clone and it erased clean most areas in the first pass. a couple of spots of blood but the alum block sorted them out for a very smooth finish. it needs a very light touch and feels a bit too raw so not a daily choice for me but great to bring out every once in a while. I think next time I have a bit more growth and want an open comb, I'd choose a double open comb or Gillette new. I can get just as close with milder razors but they feel more comfortable.

getting close to the end of this tube of florena and still liking the scent and performance but looking forward to a change when it's done.

SOTD 13-Jul
1000031404.jpg
Brush: Wald - A1
Soap: Spearhead - Heather
Razor: Friodur 72-V
Post: Spearhead - Heather Tonic & Margiela Replica Jazz Club EDP

Lovely shave this morning, newly acquired A1 from BST is a cracking brush. Very good timing after having just returned one that had been kindly loaned, happy days!

Still trying to decide on the SS straight for Austere August, this 72-V is out of the running so it's either the 17 or 472, we shall see.

Now after having eardrums abused at a kids birthday party I am going to try and chill for a bit. Though the little one did get a party bag with a damn whistle in there. I swear gifts or gift bags are purposefully picked by other parents just to spread the pain lol.

Have a good'un all.

Cheers

Marc

Razor - EJ89 3D Diamond
Blade - Personna Platinum
Brush - Simpson M6
Lather - Arko stick

Great shave with some top class kit. Two passes for a creditable DFS+ I could have buffed it up a bit more but it suited the mood… relaxed.

One day I might put the Arko aside and try some posh, smelly soap.

Time for some coffee and Wimbledon. And a great sporting day tomorrow… more Wimbledon. I believe there may be a footie match on tomorrow as well… I prefer the game played by men with odd-shaped balls myself.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

IMG_0197.jpeg

Saturday 13 July

After watching Dave in KY video on how to use a Durham Duplex with a modern blade I gave it a go. A real fiddle to get the two blades in place, like Dave I only focused on using one edge on which I fitted a Feather Pro Guard, the other edge blade is just a spacer. With some trepidation I got to work and wow, what a great experience. I achieved bbs in two main passes and pick ups, no blood no drama. I thought that the wide head would make the shave a challenge but to my surprise it was relatively easy, shaving the gregory was a bit fiddly so took time to cover every nook and cranny.
I include an original Duplex blade in the foto for comparison purposes. It’s quite something and a carpet layer could use it to trim carpets! I would not attempt to shave with it :eek:
1 UP soap just got
from @CunningMrFox (cheers J) has a captivating Lemon base scent which I love and loaded with sufficient water it lathers superbly.
Have a great weekend fellas!

IMG_9367.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom