SOTD: Saturday 13 July - Friday 19 July 2024.

Saturday 13 July

After watching Dave in KY video on how to use a Durham Duplex with a modern blade I gave it a go. A real fiddle to get the two blades in place, like Dave I only focused on using one edge on which I fitted a Feather Pro Guard, the other edge blade is just a spacer. With some trepidation I got to work and wow, what a great experience. I achieved bbs in two main passes and pick ups, no blood no drama. I thought that the wide head would make the shave a challenge but to my surprise it was relatively easy, shaving the gregory was a bit fiddly so took time to cover every nook and cranny.
I include an original Duplex blade in the foto for comparison purposes. It’s quite something and a carpet layer could use it to trim carpets! I would not attempt to shave with it :eek:
1 UP soap just got
from @CunningMrFox (cheers J) has a captivating Lemon base scent which I love and loaded with sufficient water it lathers superbly.
Have a great weekend fellas!

View attachment 122655
7up GIF by bypriyashah

I start this new week of SOTD's with my final entry for the past week of SOTD's. I did indeed shave last night, took a photo, and started writing it all up. And then I fell asleep.

Woke up and thought 'Bollocks'. If I continued it would have posted in the last week and..

1) Nobody would take any notice. Not as if anyone does. And I don't blame you
2) Someone would then post for this week in the last one
3) it would be against the rules. Which ones, I am not sure

So here it is. A continuation of where I left off last night.

Ps. Blame the fact I worked all Thursday night, then drove to Yorkshire. And then drank too much.

And it is time to say 'Goodbye' **. And as my final entry for this past week of SOTD's I am honoured to give you my shave with the theme, 'Spanish fly and other ways of throwing contraception to the wind'

20240712_110517.jpg

What? Me? - Occams Enoch
Liblado - Schick Proline
Tickling brush - Highlander Marine AFC
John Holmes soap - Floris Elite
Dysfunctional cream - Collagen
Dysfunctional person - Mr Friendly
Lurve scent - Floris Elite

Googling 'Ahrodisiac perfume' and up it throws..'Ann Summers. Put Pleasure Into Your Own Hands, Discover the Anal Toy for You'.

'Surprise my love! I bought you this wonderful perfume!'

'It looks exceptionally like a butt plug to me'

A most wonderful non-dysfunctional shave and totally free of blue pills, ginseng, oysters or a visit to xHamster.

Nope, just one superbly delivered bit of sink time with smooth grin inducing results, a bit like xHamster, but minus the embarrassment factor.

The Enoch certainly does pair with the Proline in a most brilliant manner and a top razor/blade in my books (and top shelf magazines). Not everyone's concept of a great razor being as it is liable to either fall apart or take your finger tips off loading the blade. But get it on song and by does it sing sweetly.

Being as I robbed you of some puffyshoes last night you can have last night's dose today. And if you do feel like a dose I'd recommend a visit to your local GU clinic...

Saturday 13 July

After watching Dave in KY video on how to use a Durham Duplex with a modern blade I gave it a go. A real fiddle to get the two blades in place, like Dave I only focused on using one edge on which I fitted a Feather Pro Guard, the other edge blade is just a spacer. With some trepidation I got to work and wow, what a great experience. I achieved bbs in two main passes and pick ups, no blood no drama. I thought that the wide head would make the shave a challenge but to my surprise it was relatively easy, shaving the gregory was a bit fiddly so took time to cover every nook and cranny.
I include an original Duplex blade in the foto for comparison purposes. It’s quite something and a carpet layer could use it to trim carpets! I would not attempt to shave with it :eek:
1 UP soap just got
from @CunningMrFox (cheers J) has a captivating Lemon base scent which I love and loaded with sufficient water it lathers superbly.
Have a great weekend fellas!

View attachment 122655

Those T-type Durhams are lovely - the angle is perfect for a downstroke and backstroke, particularly on the neck. Lovely! If you were so inclined, the original Durham blades do re-hone well!

Razor = Wolfman WR 1
Blade = Minora Stainless ( 2 )
Brush = That Darn Robb Pastuer Group Buy
Soap = Barrister And Man Electric Mayhem
with matching splash & EDP
Balm = Loccitane Cade.
IMG_2055.jpegBit of a late one for me tonight but boredom got the better of me but a fantastic shave cheered me up.
The Wolfman WR 1 is probably the best DE Razor if tried.
Forget about costs, looks & workmanship it just does what it’s meant to do.
The angle for me is superb, everything is easy and my favourite daily shaver now by a country mile.
The brush was part of a pastures meet up but unsure if the year, perhaps the American gents on here could give me a bit of info.
This brush was part of Robb Moffat’s private collection & i was lucky enough to receive it.
The colours in the picture don’t do it justice,
0-5 for the Hibees today hopefully a good season ahead.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend
Mike.

IMG_2059.jpeg

SOTD: 14th July 2024.

2.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Moisture Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega S10018.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Ultra-Calming Liquid Shaving Cream.
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless. (D2)
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic Premium TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Brut ASL with added menthols crystals./ Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

The is another inexpensive shaving cream that doesn't have much of a scent, but makes up for it's performance and post shave feel.

A comfortable close shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Sun 14th July

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Cyril Salter- MS Ed2band
Cyril Salter Solid soap
Schick N3
Schick S/S Twin- Japan ( 3 )
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Always nice to use The N3 especially with a twin blade on board. Very pleased with the ease of getting such a decent finish.Am out at a Home Match, but decided that sitting without a break for 6 hours is not fun or a good idea , so no longer officiating.

IMG_1079.jpeg

14th July
20240714_101648.jpg
Razor - Muhle R89
Blade - Silver Star SS #2
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap - OSP Urban Viking
Post - Superdrug Forest Fresh lotion and P&B Spitfire balm

A simple set up, but with tried and tested ingredients- always delivers a smooth and great shave. Not long ago I finished a tub of a mash-up of OSP samples and it performed brilliantly- now I'm left with Urban Viking which is, unfortunately, the sole representative of OSP in my Den(I'll have to remedy that).

Back
Top Bottom