SOTD: Saturday 13 July - Friday 19 July 2024.

SOTD 14-Jul
1000031453.jpg
Brush: Wald - A1
Soap: A&E The Novelist
Razor: Friodur 17

Grand shave this morning, short run of straights over the past few days, which has been very enjoyable. Sadly I have to be a bit quicker this coming week, so it's back to the standard razors. No great hardship, still thoroughly enjoyable.

Themes have taken a slight hiatus, started to get SOTD fatigue, happened last year as well. @Satanfriendly I don't know how you keep up the momentum!

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

14/07/24
Pre - Dove Original Cream Bar
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap - 1912 Classic 24
Razor - 6/8 Koraat B-II Near wedge - Cocobolo
Blade - Tony'schin
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - Barbour "2016" EDT
Wk 29 (2).jpg
Always a pleasure to use the Koraat.
2 passes for a comfortable, DFS+ finish.
Enjoy your day all.

SOTD: 14/07/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Artist Club Professional (SE), 5th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Acqua Di Parma Barbiere Cream
Balm: Acqua di Parma Barbiere Balm
Additional Care: Osma Aluin
Additional Care: Koud Water
Fragrance: Givenchy Xeryus Rouge EdT

Enjoy your Sunday!

20240714_123619~2.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Freshwood pre-shave oil.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Boar.
Soap Once upon a time.
Razors Leaf & Brass Hone.
Blade Nacet (1).
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier Scandal.

My theme was completely ripped off @Rip my flesh so I dedicate today's photo and shave to him.

It's my first run out with the Brass Hone that was very generously loaned to me by a fellow member and one I have been looking forward to trying out for a while.
The design is amazing and I love how the handle screws into the base, it feels heavier than my Mongoose and the handle will take a little getting used too with my baby hands.
The Hone really does shave very smoothly and I have a lovely glass finish, this is just the first outing and I have not dialled into it properly yet, I can't wait to really see what this razor has to offer as I improve.
Top class razor with a surprising top class first shave.

Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

Enjoy the day everyone and the football, we could well be finally bringing it home.

Celebrate World Cup GIF by Three Lions

Sunday 14th July
A change of pace with this ‘90s Contour handle and Schick cart. This cart has an interesting feature; the top of the cart has a wee plunger which allows you extend the twin blades so you can rinse the crud out. I picked them up in Australia. Great shave, but I think I’ll dig out the lubricating strip before the next one. Have a great Sunday and fingers crossed for the match. IMG_2126.jpeg

As my first shave in this new week of SOTD's I am shavingly happy to present a shave thematically named, 'Giant people and giant shaves'

In case you are thinking 'Haven't you already posted this week?', indeed I have. But this shave is the first one for this week as against to my previous tripe which was the first entry for this week being the final one for the past week. It's all in the art of being useless.

20240713_195332.jpg

An immense instrument - Razorock Hawk V3
Bloody big blade - Feather Professional
Brobdingnagian brush - Highlander 30mm Cashmere
Substantial soap - Signature Wicstun
Massive moisturiser - Pure
Prodigious perfume - Blenheim Bouquet

Wicstun is Anglo-Saxon in origin, meaning ‘dwelling’ or ‘dwelling place’, and indicates that there was a village here sometime before the compilation of the Domesday Book of 1086 when Market Weighton is referred to as ‘Wicstun'

It also happens to be the home of Britain's tallest ever man, William Bradley who measured 107ft 9"! Known locally as 'The Giant Bradley' and in his day 'Tearful Bradley' by the local ladies.

'The Wicstun ladies doing the 'Crying dance'. Performed after having won the raffle for a night with Mr Bradley at the local summer fete'

It also happens to be the name of one of Signature's Soaps and since I happen to be here this weekend it is very much a case of 'Wicstun in Wicstun'.

There is a rumour Brian's next soap may well be named after the birth place of yet another giant, Ashvillium after Ashville Ohio, the home town of John Holmes.

Did I shave? Somewhere in amongst the waffle I guess I did. And an absloutle monster shave at that.

The Hawk is not my favourite SE razor and think it has a certain rough feel about it. Something I personally find with all the Razorock razors I've used to date. But on this occasion perform it did. In a rough arsed kind of way. But I ain't going to complain as one cracking well needed shave.

The 30mm Cashmere doing one fine bit of face smashing and one big boss brush.

Forget the Wicstun dance, here's some girls from the rising sun doing their dance thing...

And I love you all

Sun 14
Soap & Aftershave Yaqi PinaColada Chillers
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor & Blade Karve Brass OC-D + JAWS
Superb combination! Chill lather and even chiller splash. The brush was fabulous! Razor and blade pairing were magnificent!
View attachment 122696
I really have to find me a couple of packs of those Jaws bladed ha ha

Back
Top Bottom