SOTD: Saturday 13 July - Friday 19 July 2024.

SOTD Thu 18 Jul 2024

Frae girders, shave
440CDF4F-C53D-4862-8703-E94188CDFF00.jpeg
DSCosmetic green bowl
The Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe cream
DSCosmetic G7 Coffee brush
Muhle R89 Twist razor
Shark SS blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
Forest Fresh ASL
Nivea Replenishing PSB

I felt, some weeks ago, that my Irn Bru towel was too ‘jolly’ when I was feeling sad, but I have to get used to my life as it is, not as it was. And that extends to my shaves. I no longer have to ‘jump over the lazy dog’ when leaving the bathroom and I am gradually coming out of my ‘brown’ mood. And Irn Bru is back!
So, the shave. Well the Maca Root is a brilliant cream, very easy to get a dense, slick, cushioning lather, especially with the very, very good G7 brush. The Muhle was great, as usual, but the blade, well it was it’s 3rd use and I have got these Sharks to 5 or 6 uses before, but my technique has improved and I have more idea what I’m looking for in a shave. It still felt smooth but the sharpness was lacking. I got a DFS ok, but at the cost of some sharp sting from the splash. Had to go over some skin too many times to achieve a result I think. Maybe swap it out next time. Otherwise I had some nice sink time and my face is now feeling and smelling good.

Who steals time? Trying to find the space to scribble up my SOTD's has been rather difficult due to on-going decorating and selfish people who think their needs are bigger than shaving. Mmmmpphhh!

Anyway here they are, my last two shaves themed, 'The temples of Shirley'

Wednesday

20240717_180159.jpg

Shirley's razor - Ikon B1
Shirley's forehead - Polsilver Lodz
The temple of brushes - Hive-2
Good soap lollipop - Signature Londinium
Shirley moisturiser - Simple
High priestess Shirley - Floris Limes

'And if I want to publish a photo of our new cling film dispenser, I bloody well will!'

20240719_065145.jpg

Brilliance on the kitchen top

And brilliance by the shower room sink

Followed by brilliance from some Japanese ladies

Thursday

20240718_190805.jpg
Another razor of Shirley's - Tatara Nodachi
Do not let minors play with razor blades - Polsilver Super Iridium

'Or large safety pins'

Or shaving brushes - Highlander LFC
Good soap lollipop II - Alvarez Gomez
The temple of cling film - L'Occitane Cade
Shirley smells - Guerlain Heritage

Another superlative performance from the Tatara which felt just so damn smooth. Shaving heaven

Heavenly ladies

20240718_150747~2.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Boar.
Soap Once upon a time.
Razor Brass Hone.
Blade Feather (2)
Aftershave Inferno edt.

My final Shave with the Brass Hone and I have really enjoyed using it. Many thanks @LeeMaz for lending it to me to try.
The Feather definitely pairs well and gives a very smooth cutting 2 pass shave.
If you are after a Brass razor then definitely put this on your list as its extremely well made and boy it's solid in build and the weight reflects just how much Brass your holding in your hand.
You could use it as a club to take down a burglar.
My Once upon a time soap is nearly finished hence why you see a lot of it in my posts these days, I am trying to Make room on the shelf.

Enjoy the weekend heatwave everyone.
Excited Fun GIF by Bitrix24

IMG_5529.jpeg
SOTD: 16/07/2024

Razor: Mongoose
Blade: Feather Pro, 1st use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Fragrance: Tabac Original Eau de Toilette

IMG_5533.jpeg
SOTD: 17/07/2024

Blade: Feather Pro, 2nd use
Brush: Highlander Forest G2 APshave Co G5C
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Signature Soaps Londinium Puck
Balm: Tea Tree Balm Sample Balm
Fragrance: Lattafa Suqraat EdP

IMG_5542.jpeg
SOTD: 18/07/2024

Blade: Feather Pro, 3rd use
Brush: Razorock Bruce
Soap: House Of Mammoth HYGGE Puck
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Paris Corner Emir Vibrant Orange And Neroli EdP

Three days worth of shaves with the Mongoose and time to properly reflect on it thanks to the generous loan from @Johnny Bravo.
My first shave was wonderful, I love quirky looking and designed razors and this just looks spectacular. The sheer weight also makes it feel fantastic in the hand and like a real juggernaut. However the weight hides its capability and it felt amazing and smooth. It left my skin comfortable and for a first shave I got an easy DFS. The slightly flabby skin to the side of my Adam’s apple however wasn’t as closely cut as I’d had hoped but for a first shave I was impressed. It is legendary it seems for good reason and probably one of the best razors for in hand ‘feel’ I’ve used.
My subsequent shaves improved and got closer but somehow were not as close as I expected, by the evening my face had definitely got signs of stubble coming through, more than usual. I’m sure with another run I could dial it in further and closer but despite loving it and admiring it’s quality as @Boycie83 once told me I believe, he didn’t think it would be for me! I am torn as I love the design and would love one in my den but doubt I’ll ever find one and at present I’m loving my Oren, Avenger and Spirit.
Down to Tatara to see what they come up with for their AC in chasing that new razor buzz!
Enjoy the coming weekend guys!

View attachment 122860
SOTD: 16/07/2024

Blade: Feather Pro, 1st use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Fragrance: Tabac Original Eau de Toilette

View attachment 122861
SOTD: 17/07/2024

Blade: Feather Pro, 2nd use
Brush: Highlander Forest G2 APshave Co G5C
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Signature Soaps Londinium Puck
Balm: Tea Tree Balm Sample Balm
Fragrance: Lattafa Suqraat EdP

View attachment 122862
SOTD: 18/07/2024

Blade: Feather Pro, 3rd use
Brush: Razorock Bruce
Soap: House Of Mammoth HYGGE Puck
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Paris Corner Emir Vibrant Orange And Neroli EdP

Three days worth of shaves with the Mongoose and time to properly reflect on it thanks to the generous loan from @Johnny Bravo.
My first shave was wonderful, I love quirky looking and designed razors and this just looks spectacular. The sheer weight also makes it feel fantastic in the hand and like a real juggernaut. However the weight hides its capability and it felt amazing and smooth. It left my skin comfortable and for a first shave I got an easy DFS. The slightly flabby skin to the side of my Adam’s apple however wasn’t as closely cut as I’d had hoped but for a first shave I was impressed. It is legendary it seems for good reason and probably one of the best razors for in hand ‘feel’ I’ve used.
My subsequent shaves improved and got closer but somehow were not as close as I expected, by the evening my face had definitely got signs of stubble coming through, more than usual. I’m sure with another run I could dial it in further and closer but despite loving it and admiring it’s quality as @Boycie83 once told me I believe, he didn’t think it would be for me! I am torn as I love the design and would love one in my den but doubt I’ll ever find one and at present I’m loving my Oren, Avenger and Spirit.
Down to Tatara to see what they come up with for their AC in chasing that new razor buzz!
Enjoy the coming weekend guys!

It certainly is a 'feel' razor.

For me it is a God razor not because it is constantly close (as you found out), but because it is constantly easy to use. Gets me out the bathroom quicker than just about anything else. Except Mrs Satanfriendly banging on the door.

Amazingly accurate in consideration of its bulk and very few feel as confidence inspiring on a regular basis. It can be blade fussy and a Titan mild or Proline reaches that little further.

The Ikon definitely gets closer, but there is a trade off with intimidation and it eats blades for some reason.

The Mongoose? Still there at the top of my tree

Back
Top Bottom