SOTD: Saturday 14 - Friday 20 October 2023.

I was challenged to try LEA stick, after having rubbished LEA cream. They are, in fact, different beasts. The stick wins. Far better than the cream.
Shave was completed with my favourite brush, the Simfix, and a MARS razor with a single edge Treet Platinum.
My Coleus plants are doing well, considering yesterday was the first day with heating on in this house.

IMG_20231018_203006[1].jpg

Wednesday 18th October

ADCreHc5yA6HPGrpGeY7PZwooOCYqv57PK2XAMk_0CAipwiDmt3SpzXy18LyGNaXx3i132Cb-FyGJdnBn_D-8kMhdjAhpO6zfgYAp_tez_8FJfK4B14JjSzpK89rlF1Knyi-C_UB0Vr_T9V0dbhM9nIGOd8t7g=w800

Gillette Original Shaving Cream & HJM Professional w/G5B Synthetic 24mm
Gillette G2 Plus & Gillette G2 Plus Cartgridge (3)
Brut Splash-On

Lovin' this cream!

Reggie's Razors' Titan razor :: Astra SP (1) blade :: Semogue SOC boar brush :: Stirling Electric Sheep soap and splash
IMG_20231018_170927.jpg
The final shave (3rd) with the Titan. After the bite of the last shave, I opted for a more middle-of-the-road blade, Astra Green. And indeed there was a lot less blade feel so the shave was more pleasurable, while still very efficient. In fact instead of my usual 2.5 passes + pickups I only did 1.5 passes + pickups. However the sting after the shave was still above average.

Some concluding remarks: This is not a razor for me, at least not until (or perhaps if?) I learn to handle much more aggressive razors than my usual. However it gets high marks for craftsmanship (nicely finished, blade aligns properly on the first go, and it's clamped quite well), and the fact that it is made in the UK.

SOTD Wednesday 18th October
(I know, I’m late!)
1D57AA17-D3D2-4BC5-B032-50A4C10D794A.jpeg

Pre - shower, face wash with Imperial Leather soap

Bowl - glass
Cream - Palmolive Classic
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Razor - Merkur 34C
Blade - Astra SP (2)

Post - cold face wash, alum, Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea Sensitive ASB, Hidden Code Sports EDT

Very nice, comfy, 2 pass plus tidy, shave. Small nick on neck when my four legged friend pushed the bathroom door open to see what I was up to!..
…ooh, hang on - nick neck paddy wack, give a dog a bone (sorry, couldn’t resist)

61832259-F8CF-4245-8CAE-13500F2700F9.jpeg
What!?!

Razor = Windsor Pro Copper
Blade = Gillette Silver Blue ( 2 )
Brush = Highland LE Walnut & Boar
Soap = Wickhams Russian Leather
Splash = Vintage Burley
Balm = Wickhams Russian Leather
IMG_2917.jpeg
Another fantastic shave with the Windsor pro a razor i didn’t like a few months ago,
just shows you how we all change.
I love this soap infact i love all the Wickhams i have but this reminds me of Imperial leather and a fairly similar scent to Trumpers Spanish Leather.
Off Course the star of the show was the brush
Totally Superb & everything you could want in a brush.
Thanks Again Gile it’s great that you managed to get this group buy done.

Last edited:
Some concluding remarks: This is not a razor for me, at least not until (or perhaps if?) I learn to handle much more aggressive razors than my usual. However it gets high marks for craftsmanship (nicely finished, blade aligns properly on the first go, and it's clamped quite well), and the fact that it is made in the UK.

It's been interesting reading your SOTDs with this. Do you think it was the razor's "aggession" or its weight that did not work for you?

I often get similar results with light razors, as inthink I add too much pressure. Thisnis why I didn't take part in this. I note some of your usual razors are more weighty.

IMG_3002.jpeg
SOTD: 17/10/2023

Razor: Shield Avenger
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild ( Yellow ), 1st use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C Its New And Not Named But Oh So Nice Puck
Aftershave: Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Man EDT
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm

A fantastically generous gift from Pete at HC&C, this unnamed yet to be released soap smells amazing, to my nose there is citrus, wood maybe and something fizzy or effervescent in the same vein as PAA’s Future Fiction but much more natural. I’m very lucky to have it added to the den, which including the oils and soaps now has overtaken A&E as the biggest single artisan in my den. It’s also overtaken A&E as the maker with the fewest ‘

IMG_3005.jpeg
SOTD: 18/10/2023

Razor: Shield Avenger
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild ( Yellow ), 2nd use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Murphy & Mcneil Magh Tured Puck
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Woody Oud EdP

SOTD: 19th October 2023.

4.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Proraso Sandalwood Shaving Soap.
Blade: Gillette London Bridge. (D2)
Razor: FaTip Grande.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ P&G Old Spice Hawkridge ASL./ L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

An enjoyable smooth shave to finish my shaving week wonderfully...Out of all the Sandalwood soaps/creams that I have sampled Proraso is my firm favourite. I'll be adding it to my rotation more regular over the autumn/winter months along with a few other soaps I haven't used for quite some time.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Well it just has to be the theme**, 'Faux Feather or feather me faux?'

** Because those folk at Society House In Theming Things say so.

20231018_194228.jpg

Fee fi faux numb - Tatara Nodachi
Faux Feather? - Kyone
Faux fur - Highlander TSR LE 2023
Faux lather - T&H Aspley
Faux leather - Simple moisturiser

'A face feeler you say? You'll get a face fisting if you don't stop'

So impressed by this new to me blade the other night I thought I'd give it a second shot. Similar to the feel of a Feather and just as sharp I'd written to the kind blade supplier. And I was correct. By the end of the second shave it was shagged. A blade with a half life nearly as short as Francium-223, 22 minutes. As Mrs Satanfriendly says, I am only a fraction of that, around 2.2

Still in it's short lived longevity it did manage to throw in two pretty damn decent shaves, but I don't think I'll be getting a tuck soon.

A faux Feather

Not too bad a shave though and at the end of a day where I'd just cycled through the 7000Km barrier I was very happy. Whatever happy means. Not sporting a beard I guess.

I did say no more Diesel Ann, but a second shot here as I was intrigued by any Japanese lady who appears to shave. At least by my previous statement she must be happy

SOYD 19-Oct
20231018_163121.jpg
Brush: MOAR Boar
Soap: B&M Leviathan
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Wizamet

Wonderful shave this morning, plenty of time so whipped out the dart. A couple of times in the past I've not given this razor enough respect and I've been punished for it, so took it easy throughout and was awarded with a wonderful finish.

This leviathan is a really good set, I would imagine it's fairly niche in its appeal being a strong scent. Heavy on the leather throughout with the coffee shining through for me. Felt like I needed a decent espresso to accompany it, that'll come later.

Excellent finish and smelling good, well at least to me, the jury is still out with the Mrs.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

SOYD 19-Oct
View attachment 112457
Brush: MOAR Boar
Soap: B&M Leviathan
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Wizamet

Wonderful shave this morning, plenty of time so whipped out the dart. A couple of times in the past I've not given this razor enough respect and I've been punished for it, so took it easy throughout and was awarded with a wonderful finish.

This leviathan is a really good set, I would imagine it's fairly niche in its appeal being a strong scent. Heavy on the leather throughout with the coffee shining through for me. Felt like I needed a decent espresso to accompany it, that'll come later.

Excellent finish and smelling good, well at least to me, the jury is still out with the Mrs.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc
Edit: Jury is in, the Mrs doesn't like it, at least initially, I'll wear her down. I like this one so I'll see whether I can Stockholm Syndrome her!

Thur 19th October
Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Omega 11126 boar
Hampshire Wool Fat soap
Schick Type F
Schick S/S - Japan ( 2 )

Chose to use my Birth Year Razor as appropriate for the day. Was a good choice as it had a Japanese Schick on board with the edge taken off. Though the F is deemed to be mild, I always find it to be very efficient and I always have a pleasant forgiving Shave with it.As usual I got a nice close finish too.
As a treat we are visiting a country Pub for meal, and actually staying overnight so we can have a drink.Makes a change as we have not strayed far from Home so far this year.
0C3F9764-15CC-49A3-A40A-FABF2690BB81.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom