SOTD: Saturday 14 - Friday 20 October 2023.

Thursday 19th October
GEM / ER Push Button - GEM Stainless #3 - Highlander TSR LE 2023 - Hampshire Wool Fat No3 - Superdrug Forest Fresh AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20231014-103732-02.jpg

SOTD: 19/10/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild 20, 1st use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Crema Pre Barba con Olio Di Sandalo Cream
Soap: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Cream
Aftershave: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alumc
Additional Care: Cold Water

Wish you all have a grand day!

Thursday 19 October

Back to using AC se razors for a while. Starting with Shield Titanium GR5. This is one great razor. Light, well balanced and effective, more than mild but not aggressive. For me anyway it’s a delight to use. However, for large hands (mine are small) I can imagine it might be a bit fiddly fitting a blade. Today’s blade a Titan pro touch MG mild, a perfect match for this bad boy. I haven't bought shave soap for a while, plenty to use in my stash but was drawn to this Vetiver soap from Martin de Candre. The scent of Vetiver isn’t to everyone’s taste apparently, however, I like it. Vetiver is also a member of the woody fragrance family but smells a bit drier and leathery than sandalwood. For this reason, when combined, sandalwood and vetiver make a complex, delicious woody pair. It is also an aphrodisiac :oops: , although I’ve not tested this aspect yet :ROFLMAO: .
Applied a good layer with the German badger, 2 easy passes and pick ups gave a super smooth bbs finish. Happy boy am I.
Have a great day fellas!

IMG_0340.jpeg

Last edited:
u1nfq0U.jpg

Prep: Jack Black Turbo Wash, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Three-band Silvertip Briar
Soap: Rex Supply Co 1955
Razor: Above The Tie S1
Blade: Polsilver Wizamet Brown (1)
Post: Alt Innsbruck Emulsion, Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Santa Maria Novella Tobacco Toscano EdC

It has been crazy busy with work lately - nice to catch my breath and get a SOTD in, even if it is 'on the road'.
Continue to be impressed with the Rex soap.

19/10/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap - Lea Cream (Spain)
Razor - PILS 101 NL Hi Polished "Thor's Hammer"
Blade - Kai DE Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Brut Original
Wk 42 (6).jpg
A fantastically slick & thick lather today from about an almond size squirt of the Spanish LEA cream, whisked up in the Copper captain bowl with the TAJ Boar, to me it just has a fresh clean soap scent, all in all very nice.
3 Passes from the PILS/Kai pairing giving me a super close, comfortable BBS finish.
Enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
It's been interesting reading your SOTDs with this. Do you think it was the razor's "aggession" or its weight that did not work for you?

I often get similar results with light razors, as inthink I add too much pressure. Thisnis why I didn't take part in this. I note some of your usual razors are more weighty.
My current take is that it is a combination of both. With its 65g it is lighter but not as much as e.g. Henson AL13 (medium) which I also have, and with that one I normally manage milder shaves. But to some extent it definitely is my inexperience with the razor. At the same time I think it is more physically blade forward compared to my other razors; perhaps like Karve CB with an E plate I would guess? I thought you might actually like it ;)

My current take is that it is a combination of both. With its 65g it is lighter but not as much as e.g. Henson AL13 (medium) which I also have, and with that one I normally manage milder shaves. But to some extent it definitely is my inexperience with the razor. At the same time I think it is more physically blade forward compared to my other razors; perhaps like Karve CB with an E plate I would guess? I thought you might actually like it ;)

I do like some blade feel!

View attachment 112468

View attachment 112469

Preshave - Wright's Traditional Soap
Razor - Christopher Bradley SB - F
Blade - Shark SS
Brush - Highlander TSR LE 2023 (Walnut and Boar)
Lather - Cup Of Leftovers
Splash - Boots Freshwood

Look at the blade gap on that!

View attachment 112467
Nice to see someone using inexpensive but good gear. I mean the Shark blade and the Boots A/S. I've noticed that I'd have to spend loads more to get a small improvement. Same with fountain pens and a lot of other things.

Nice to see someone using inexpensive but good gear. I mean the Shark blade and the Boots A/S. I've noticed that I'd have to spend loads more to get a small improvement. Same with fountain pens and a lot of other things.

I love Shark blades - probably my favorite.

With the aftershave I've found that Boots, Brut, Old Spice and Tabac outperform almost anything else as actual aftershaves when it comes to sealing and protecting your skin.

Back
Top Bottom