SOTD: Saturday 14 - Friday 20 September 2024.

16 September

Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Cadman M55 Tuxedo
Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather Hi-Stainless
Men’s Grooming Vetiver and Sandalwood balm

Nice classic shave. Good lather. Smooth two passes. Cool finish. The EJ is at its best with a new Feather blade, smoother, for me, than its closest rival the Merkur 34c. When I started DE shaving I had a 34c and soon after a DE89, the 34c moved on but the DE89 has stayed.

16/09/24
Signature SEptember
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Erasmic AP Shave Co Gelousy Bulb 20mm
Soap - Signature Soap Britannia
Razor - Blackland Sabre V2 - L2
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Floïd Original
A/S - Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso

Another very protective lather whipped up using the Signature Soap and Gelousy Bulb brush, this little brush splays very well and easily holds enough for a 3 pass shave and more.
I am finding the L2 plate very usable and i could easily use it as a daily driver. Today i completed 3 passes :- WTG then ATG, after a check i could have got away with some touch up on the Adams apple and neck whirlpools, however, the brush had plenty of lather so i decided on a full XTG pass. All passes were very comfortable and the post shave routine only gave some fleeting indication here and there. I think i may try the L3 later this week and try for a single pass.
Enjoy your day all.

Very green shave today, using my new Proraso bowl

Preshave - Droyt's Soap
Razor - ES Outlaw
Blade - Shark Super Chrome
Brush - Highlander TSR LE Walnut and Boar
Lather - Proraso Green (Bowl Lathered)
Splash - Brut

Went for an extra, 3rd pass today. Possibly the closet and best shave I've ever had! Very happy!

Sandalwood SEptember

Monday 16th September

Crabtree & Evelyn Mysore Sandalwood (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Macy Associates w/Muhle Silvertip Fibre 21mm
GEM Bullet Tip & GEM by Personna (6)
Pinaud Clubman Musk After Shave Cologne

Continuing my September with single-edge razors and sandalwood soaps ... and, largely synthetic brushes.

This week, I've picked out the legendary Mysore Sandalwood from C&E of the Standard Company Ltd vintage. Sheer class! To my nose, it's the best of the sandalwood soaps that I have (and I do have a few) with a really pure sandalwood. Lovely! Lovely, too lathering up with the very lovely vintage Macy Associates brush which I reknotted some years ago with Silvertip Fibre.

Smashing shave, that!

Have a great week, fellows!