SOTD: Saturday 14 - Friday 20 September 2024.

Monday 16th September
1000019648.jpg

Schick I1 + Personna Stainless #5 + Jayaruh 289 Timber Wolf + De Vergulde Hand Extra Fresh + Boots Freshwood AS + Aloe Vera Gel

16 September

Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Cadman M55 Tuxedo
Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather Hi-Stainless
Men’s Grooming Vetiver and Sandalwood balm

C823C1D1-B27A-42C8-97C0-AC040E0C3D8D.jpeg
Nice classic shave. Good lather. Smooth two passes. Cool finish. The EJ is at its best with a new Feather blade, smoother, for me, than its closest rival the Merkur 34c. When I started DE shaving I had a 34c and soon after a DE89, the 34c moved on but the DE89 has stayed.

16/09/24
Signature SEptember
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Erasmic AP Shave Co Gelousy Bulb 20mm
Soap - Signature Soap Britannia
Razor - Blackland Sabre V2 - L2
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Floïd Original
A/S - Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso
Wk38 (3).jpg
Another very protective lather whipped up using the Signature Soap and Gelousy Bulb brush, this little brush splays very well and easily holds enough for a 3 pass shave and more.
I am finding the L2 plate very usable and i could easily use it as a daily driver. Today i completed 3 passes :- WTG then ATG, after a check i could have got away with some touch up on the Adams apple and neck whirlpools, however, the brush had plenty of lather so i decided on a full XTG pass. All passes were very comfortable and the post shave routine only gave some fleeting indication here and there. I think i may try the L3 later this week and try for a single pass.
Enjoy your day all.

Very green shave today, using my new Proraso bowl

20240916_163211.jpg

Preshave - Droyt's Soap
Razor - ES Outlaw
Blade - Shark Super Chrome
Brush - Highlander TSR LE Walnut and Boar
Lather - Proraso Green (Bowl Lathered)
Splash - Brut

20240916_164341.jpg

Went for an extra, 3rd pass today. Possibly the closet and best shave I've ever had! Very happy!

20240916_170224.jpg

Sandalwood SEptember

Monday 16th September

AP1GczOyj8PHirFpDc5W6Ae0JzGXO5KPNUpRTWfnYrx4gGWEVAEbzCdF8auKUg2x4sgeljWbEmyuID0D5FKw4wZ-6XoAbP0oVEJcu6lXCXMr_Tti44YvcSE7PQ5MqzSVUK3MYhTfMA9hyvnndnCw_DSrEZ2NTw=w800

Crabtree & Evelyn Mysore Sandalwood (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Macy Associates w/Muhle Silvertip Fibre 21mm
GEM Bullet Tip & GEM by Personna (6)
Pinaud Clubman Musk After Shave Cologne

Continuing my September with single-edge razors and sandalwood soaps ... and, largely synthetic brushes.

This week, I've picked out the legendary Mysore Sandalwood from C&E of the Standard Company Ltd vintage. Sheer class! To my nose, it's the best of the sandalwood soaps that I have (and I do have a few) with a really pure sandalwood. Lovely! Lovely, too lathering up with the very lovely vintage Macy Associates brush which I reknotted some years ago with Silvertip Fibre.

Smashing shave, that!

Have a great week, fellows!

Back
Top Bottom