SOTD: Saturday 14 - Friday 20 September 2024.

Found some Feathers and had an excellent shave with the Twig, helped by a rotation change: silvertip brush and much missed Irisch Moos shaving stick.

Had to finish with Burley aftershave as I'm also wearing an until now unused Burley roll-on deodorant

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Feather Hi-stainless
Brush: Henkverhaar (TSR) badger brush Walnut Silvertip
Lather: Sir Irisch Moos
Aftershave: Burley Aftershave lotion

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Gillette Trac II Twinjector - cerakoted (stormtrooper white)
Blade: Schick Twinblade (11)
Brush: Highlander Stormtrooper
S Soap: Southern Witchcrafts - Boonana

There are some soaps out there with an absolute delicious scent. This is one of them. Finished the shave and was ready for dessert.

SOTD.jpg

Last edited:
1000010789.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep 3P Pre shavecream.
Brush Omega Italian flag Boar.
Soap Soap Commander Vision.
Razors Leaf & ikon Tek.
Blade Feather (3).
Post Johnny Bravo love potion.
Aftershave Almafi Brilliante Eau de Parfum.

A cracking shave made more enjoyable with the Soap commander compliments of @semajohn.
The ikon Tek ticks all my boxes and demands I never rush and pay close attention at all times, I would say this is the razor that has the most blade feel that I currently own.
A perfect 3 pass shave and a happy bunny.
Now for some fine wine and settle down to watch The Crow.

Enjoy your night everyone.

Devil Wears Prada Cheers GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Sandalwood SEptember

Saturday 14th September

AP1GczOLqEVyZRHLtomnMH5HJYiy6Bf7Mx031ZFsusUcygdysLxWptKd8y4iE-YxILD2TNTimz5iEBKvdI9TYw-c47SJcDCI8_QiVzYGpOAE0kNPYVuM2VdM2XDjHH98OpMp4XzJEHoLIwj1RYrbgAn-n2U2Zg=w1200

The White Company (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Semogue SOC Taj Pure Bristle
Leaf Twig (Prism) & Derby Extra (2)
Drakkar Noir Aftershave

Golly! That was a superb shave!

The White Company soap has a lovely scent. Centered on sandalwood, there's also a warming amber, some green spices like clove and cardamom, and there's green leaf and begamot. Lovely! That scent profile puts me very much in mind of Floris Santal. Alas, I don't have their aftershave (if they even made a Santal aftershave) but on paper Drakkar Noir is pretty damn close ... and it really suits the soap well.

Last weekend I ran the Derby Extra against the Premium back to back in this razor and this is the second run on each of those blades. Tonight, the Extra performed exceptionally well in the Twig. Exceptionally. Better than the Premium? Better? Dunno ... but certainly smoother. It's sharp enough and a smooth run; in many respects very much like the Treet Platinum to my face. I'll use the Premium tomorrow with the same setup, but sure I'll find what I found last week which is (if they are indeed different blades) that the Premium is sharper and therefore not quite as smooth.

Either way, the Derby Extra is an excellent pairing with the Leaf Twig.

Derby revised their blades some time around 2016, we gather. The Extra got some bad rap prior to that but we're like eight years on since that change now and no doubt there's many folks with pre-2016 blades in their stashes but the market is unlikely to still be pushing that era of blade. I'd say buy in a tuck, pack or pillar of these new blades and see for yourselves. You might be (hopefully pleasantly) surprised.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, guys!

SOTD 20240014
Prep: Razorock prebsrba
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: Wald Nimbus Werther’s & Cream J3
Soap: Abbate y la Mantia Urash
Razor: Rocnel Elite machined Brass
Bkade: Personna Med Prep
AS: Swiss Pitralon
AS: Abbate y la Mantia Urash

SOTD_20240914.jpg

Best Regards