SOTD: Saturday 14 - Friday 20 September 2024.

1000010834.jpg

My Menthol Madness Monday Shave today consisted of...
Prep 3P Pre shavecream.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Badger.
Soap Chiseled face cryogen.
Razor Blackland Sabre V2 lvl3.
Blade Gem (7).
Post Chiseled face cryogen Balm.
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier Male dupe.

Another decent shave.
I guess freezing my face was not the smartest move tonight as I have had all the symptoms of a cold on the way today.
Enjoy the evening everyone

Johnny Bravo Do The Monkey With Me GIF

SOTD Mon 16 Sep 2024

Quick, it’s Monday, shave
B020C999-6060-4A6F-B698-AD3BC6CA4B89.jpeg
DSCosmetic green bowl
Palmolive Classic cream
Omega S10065 s-brush
Muhle R89 Twist razor
Racer Platinum Class blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
Forest Fresh ASL
Nivea Sensitive PSB

A quick swipe around just because I fancied. Actually a bit scratchy so the blade is in the blade bank tonight. Seem to just be getting two nice shaves from the Racers, which is better than the Rainbows I got at the same time, which are only good for one! Everything else worked well together, the S-Brush is quite nice but doesn’t really match up to the other synthetics I have, either in ability or feel. As an aside, I was just putting away my stuff after taking the snap when a massive wasp strolled out from under the shaving bowl! Well I nearly sh… well I got a surprise. I hate wasps!!

8528156F-D117-426C-98DF-F0AAAB486932.jpeg

Simpson Chubby 1 SiLVERTiP
TGS Syntesi
Treet Platinum (1)
D.R. Harris Arlington
Thayer’s cucumber witch hazel
Arlington a/s

I started with a Wizamet on its fourth use, which was evidently too blunt to complete a comfortable pass. Switched to a Treet blade that was at hand, and was rewarded with a very comfortable finish.
Great lather from the soap. I’m very impressed with the latest formulation of Harris soaps, a noticeable improvement on an previously great base.

Enjoy yours gents.

Tue 17
Soap Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Aftershave RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush Zenith 28mm Scrubby Boar
Razor Wade & Butcher Steamship 7/8 Wedge
It's a super nice soap, brush & splash combination....lather & scent was fantastic!
It's a super nice razor too... a solid hunk of metal but the edge was a softie...providing a buttery smooth shave!
20240917_094711.jpg

(Also posted on Paste&Cut)
SOTD Monday 16/9/2024 Evening (1930-39)
  • Razor Gillette New Long Comb
  • Blade Astra Platinum (3)
  • Pre-Shave Hot Shower
  • Brush B&B Chubby
  • Soap Catie's Bubbles Purple Grapefruit
  • Post Shave Cold Water Rinse
Good shave this evening I will stop short of saying great as it was the first time using this razor.
I only have the long comb head so can't compare to the short comb at this time.
Also shave three with the blade with most other Gillette's 2nd shave is the charm for me with Astra blades.
This razor was Gillette's first attempted to accommodate the new blade designed by Henry J Gaisman. (Valet Auto Strop Company)
This got Gillette into a lot of trouble but luckily they won a law suit.
As a mater of fact Henry J Gaisman company (Valet) and Gillette merged to resolve the law suit.
When King Camp Gillette died Henry J Gaisman took control of the company and as they say the rest is history
Cheers All.
IMG_8574.jpg

Saponficio Varesino Felce Aromatica
Razorock 400
Edwin 3one6
Gillette nacet
Dendi pure aftershave
View attachment 125272

First use of 3one6 and it was a cracker. Smooth and efficient shave left my face smooth like glass. Razor wasn't aggressive as I expected from reading on the forums. Quite similar to the DE89. I have to make direct comparison in the future.

It’s a lovely razor isn’t it?

I remember my 1st shave with mine. Really surprised me.

SOTD: 17th September 2024.

c.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Vitos Vegetale Shaving Soap.
Razor: Parker Variant. (Setting 3.) - Treet Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Gillette Guard. (Head) - (D1)

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils, 5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Original ASL./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

It's been while since I use my Parker Variant and forgot how efficient it is which paired together with the Treet Platinum it felt comfortable mowing through my stubble with effortless ease. I have one gripe with the Variant and that is it's weight which I find slightly overwhelming it took me a while to accustom myself to it. Apart from that, it's a great efficient shaver.

Another close comfortable face & head shave.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Tuesday 17 September

I have been collecting safety razors for two or three years and each have their own characteristics when being used. However, in terms of a favourite material of manufacture I rate brass and copper the highest in terms of tactility, looks and comfortable weight followed by stainless and then far behind out of sight aluminium and plastic. Not everyone will agree naturally but as a result my eyes were drawn like a magpie to a Karve CB Copper set on the bay the other day so I went for it. Nicely patinated with SB C and D plates and an OC B plate I thought this an ideal combo and at a decent price.
So the shave? Fabulous Wilko Brazilian blade inserted then one wtg one atg and pick ups for bbs finish. Soap and brush provided the lubrication to an acceptable level although it did tend to dry quickly on the skin, more water needed next time but I do find it difficult to get the right balance. Well after al, I’ve only been shaving for as long as I can remember :ROFLMAO:

Have a great day fellas!

IMG_0781.jpeg

17/09/24
Signature SEptember
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Simpson Commodore X1 Best Badger
Soap - Signature Soap Coria
Razor - Blackland Sabre V1
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Rose
Wk38 (4).jpg
The V1 Sabre just works for me, it really is a GEM blade tamer, maybe its because i daily shave that it works so well, i don't really get any benefit from a more aggressive razor. It is though, a very different razor to the new V2, i like both.
Enjoy your day all.

1000002517.jpg
SOTD September 17. 2024.

Razor - Blackland Sabre V2 (3)
Blade Personna Gem (3)
Soap - La Savonniere du Moulin
Brush - Zenith unbleached boar
Post - Thayer's Astringent
Frag - Al Haramain - L'Aventure EDP

Another wonderful shave with the Sabre and Gem blade. The donkey milk soap never lets me down, producing a luxurious lather offering me great glide and total protection.
Superbly shaved and smelling absolutely glorious. :)

Until the next time, take care and enjoy your shaves!

Paul.

Last edited:
Tue 17th September

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Stirling Syn 26mm
MWF
Asylum Injector
Schick Proline ( 4 )
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

Starting this Injector run with an “Injector “ Though not conventionally loaded, the Asylum delivers very nice Shaves using manually loaded Injector blades. However, it also takes the Schick Proline AC blade ( type B ), and it is an excellent pairing. Avery pleasant Shave today, and a nice close finish attained without hassle.

IMG_1175.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom